Pre-match thread

Tomaszk

1 minute ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Think he'll suprise you tonight 

Jack never surprises me, I already love him.

It would be better to play him on the left and bring on a central midfielder or any description instead of El Ghazi

• Like 1

I normally don't like Grealish in central midfield, but if Albion are playing Sawyers as a DM then having someone in the middle who can run at him with the ball might be a good idea. Sawyers is actually a good player, but don't think he suits playing just in front of the defence, used to play further forward for Brentford.

2 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Think he'll suprise you tonight 

The issue isn't that he can't do a job in the middle of the park, he's great there as well. The issue is that our other wide options are pap while we do usually have solid options centrally. Not today thou with Barkley out although I'd have gone with Grealish LW still.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I normally don't like Grealish in central midfield, but if Albion are playing Sawyers as a DM then having someone in the middle who can run at him with the ball might be a good idea. Sawyers is actually a good player, but don't think he suits playing just in front of the defence, used to play further forward for Brentford.

All bets are off on how they will line up tonight!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Even with 9 subs our bench looks so weak.

Instead of flooding our bench with defenders why not stick a attacking youngster on the bench?

If it was weak before how can adding more players that are lower down the pecking order make the bench stronger ?

2 minutes ago, smg said:

If it was weak before how can adding more players that are lower down the pecking order make the bench stronger ?

Do we need three full backs on the bench? Would sticking Louie Barry on the bench really be a negative?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sne said:

The issue isn't that he can't do a job in the middle of the park, he's great there as well. The issue is that our other wide options are pap while we do usually have solid options centrally. Not today thou with Barkley out although I'd have gone with Grealish LW still.

He gets all his goals from wide though. As no one else scores - it seems a risk to move him into a position where he doesn't score as many.

• Like 1

Just now, hippo said:

He gets all his goals from wide though. As no one else scores - it seems a risk to move him into a position where he doesn't score as many.

Yup. I'd play Grealish wide every day of the week.

• Like 3

Barkley deemed very close again and still not in the squad. Strange one that.

And still no word on the nature of Trezeguet's injury? A cut on the forehead does not rule you out of two football matches, I smell Covid there.

New manager bounce is gonna do for us here. 2-1 to the Tesco bags I reckon.