Baseball 2021

El Zen

Watching the Yankees hit, or not, is painful right now. To produce such a weak line up with so many millions of dollars is seriously unimpressive. 

Edited by El Zen

3 hours ago, El Zen said:

Watching the Yankees hit, or not, is painful right now. To produce such a weak line up with so many millions of dollars is seriously unimpressive. 

Signing Stanton to that contract was suicide. 

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

Signing Stanton to that contract was suicide. 

The insane thing is refusing to let him play a position. He’s a good fielder, and his injury record is far worse after becoming a full time DH. That contract is  definsible if G plays the outfield. I also think it would keep him healthier. 

My biggest issue with the Stanton trade is that we chose that over going after e.g. Bryce Harper, or that Christian Yelich and JT Realmuto were available in the same Marlins firesale, or that we could have used the money to go all in on Shohei Ohtani. That, and that we basically had a Giancarlo Stanton already: A big slugging RF on arbitration money called Aaron Judge. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, maqroll said:

Gary Sanchez is the most overhyped catcher in years. 

I’m not sure how hyped he is anymore. He started so phenomenously well, but can’t really hit very well anymore (except when he runs into one and hits it to the moon), strikes out a tonne and isn’t (never was, except having an absolute cannon) very good behind the plate. Pretty much the symbol for what’s wrong with the ballclub. 

Edited by El Zen

1 minute ago, El Zen said:

I’m not sure how hyped he is anymore. He started so phenomenously well, but can’t really hit very well anymore (except when he runs into one and hits it to the moon), strikes out a tonne and isn’t (never was, except having an absolute cannon) very good behind the plate. 

My perception is formed mostly by his draft position in fantasy lol. He still goes way to soon.

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

My perception is formed mostly by his draft position in fantasy lol. He still goes way to soon.

That’s probably true. And I suppose he’ll get far too many allstar votes, too, so maybe he is hyped. But he’s not very popular on the message boards, and for me he’s about to throw a very good career away by not bothering to stay in shape. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/05/2021 at 19:58, El Zen said:

That’s probably true. And I suppose he’ll get far too many allstar votes, too, so maybe he is hyped. But he’s not very popular on the message boards, and for me he’s about to throw a very good career away by not bothering to stay in shape. 

And since this, he’s been pretty much on fire, looking like the Gary Sanchez who first broke through a few years ago. 

Now quickly, let’s both talk about how Clint Frazier will never live up to his potential 😂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd have preferred the Spiders, but Guardians is decent. It was my 2nd favourite of the names that had been suggested. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, El Zen said:

The Dodgers get Scherzer (and Trea Turner) from the Nats. They’ll be almost unbeatable in the play offs. 

They have Seager at SS, wonder why they went for Turner. How will that work out?

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

They have Seager at SS, wonder why they went for Turner. How will that work out?

Versatility, I guess. Turner can fill in at both second and center, and both Seager and Lux have had/are having injury concerns. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 31/08/2021 at 02:28, maqroll said:

Mets players clowning their own fans as they spiral out of contention. Ridiculous ball club.

They’re nice to have for frustrated Yankee fans.

• 2 weeks later...
Â