Baseball 2021

El Zen

Will we get a full season? Will the Yankees ever win another championship? Can the Dodgers repeat? How much will the Tigers suck and what will the Cleveland Baseball Team be called? 

Stay tuned...

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, maqroll said:

Yikes, the Dodgers are **** loaded. Padres too. They are the new top rivalry.

Should be a fun race out there in the NL West, and you’d be surprised if neither if them two end up representing the senior circuit in the WS. Harder to pick the AL, I feel. The Yankees will be potential juggernaut if healthy, but that’s not an insignificant if. 

18 hours ago, El Zen said:

As objectively as I can, I currently have the Red Sox 4th in the AL East. 

I don't care if we suck this year, I just want to see a game at Fenway with a full house. 

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

I don't care if we suck this year, I just want to see a game at Fenway with a full house. 

Yep. Some things are actually more important than winning. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Cautiously optimistic about the Mets. Don't think we're serious contenders, but being in the playoff hunt will be nice.

New owner looks promising. 

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, maqroll said:

Tatis Jr signs a 14 year $340m contract extension. He's 22. Unreal. 

He’s also insanely talented. The AAV isn’t actually that bad in today’s money, and could look like relative small change in a few years if he keeps producing at the level he is, or improves further. Could be a very shrewd move by the Padres. It is also an obscene amount of money, of course, way above what any single person should have, let alone a 22 year old who hits a ball with a stick for a living. 

• Like 1

On 26/02/2021 at 18:12, El Zen said:

Should be a fun race out there in the NL West, and you’d be surprised if neither if them two end up representing the senior circuit in the WS. Harder to pick the AL, I feel. The Yankees will be potential juggernaut if healthy, but that’s not an insignificant if. 

Judge and Stanton are made of glass. 

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

Judge and Stanton are made of glass. 

That is definitely a worry, and not entirely suprising for 7ft 250lbs athletes.

They’ve changed their offseason conditioning from a lot of heavy bulking to more agility work this year. Doing yoga and shit, both carrying a leaner build than before. You can only hope it helps, though few will be very surprised if/when either/both land on the IL.

If they don’t...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Youtube are showing 20 odd matches for free on the MLB this season, which is nice.

I am a bit of  a lapsed follower. I was fortunate to have a couple of long holidays as a kid in North America and basically watched baseball most days! Then a watched MLB  on five quite a lot before that was cancelled. Since then only watched bits and bobs. I know a lot of people find it very boring but I always thought of it as quite relaxing  and laid back to watch in the summer.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Corey Kluber spun a no hitter last night at Texas. The first Yankee no hitter in my time as a fan. That was kind of special, even though I couldn’t watch it live (time difference.) 

Does everybody know about this on Bobby Bonilla?

From Wiki-

'Since 2011, Bonilla has been paid approximately $1.19 million by the New York Mets each year. The 25 payments come every July 1, which some fans refer to as "Bobby Bonilla Day". This was part of a deal made when the Mets released Bonilla before the 2000 season while still owing him $5.9 million for the final year of his contract. The deal expires in 2035, at which point Bonilla will have been paid $29.8 million for a season in which he did not even play for the Mets.'

Nice work if you can get it!

On 21/05/2021 at 16:19, The Fun Factory said:

From Wiki-

'Since 2011, Bonilla has been paid approximately $1.19 million by the New York Mets each year. The 25 payments come every July 1, which some fans refer to as "Bobby Bonilla Day". This was part of a deal made when the Mets released Bonilla before the 2000 season while still owing him $5.9 million for the final year of his contract. The deal expires in 2035, at which point Bonilla will have been paid $29.8 million for a season in which he did not even play for the Mets.'

Yep, crazy. I was a good Little League player. Should've kept at it!

On 21/05/2021 at 22:19, The Fun Factory said:

From Wiki-

Yep. Insane story. 

Â