Midweek Football 7/10 December

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Will PSG be rewarded the 3 points or is it getting postponed

Both sets of players walked off.

It does seem this might be a case of a misunderstanding due to people assuming similar sounding words in different languages have the same meaning and connotations.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It does seem this might be a case of a misunderstanding due to people assuming similar sounding words in different languages have the same meaning and connotations.

Player on the bench shown a yellow

"who's that for?" 

"the black guy" 

Not sure how it's a misunderstanding 

Not to take away from the amazing Mckennie goal but that defending by Barcelona was absolutely criminal. There were two Juve players unmarked inside the 6. 

Barcelona should do the right thing and let Messi leave.   

Edited by Rightdm00
Why is grammer so hard?
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I've seen lots of people say black is "negru" in Romanian.

I'm yet to work out how that excuses anything. It's just as unacceptable to refer to him in a professional environment as  "black guy" as it would be to refer to someone as 'homo', 'wheelchair', 'woman' etc

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Is it off-off?

UEFA really need to calm everyone down and get the game back on otherwise it’s an enormous mess for them to sort out (obviously tell the accused official to go home).

I think its off for tonight anyway, its nearly 10pm and wont be over until midnight. Granted no fans so not an issue but I think broadcasters as well. 

Will UEFA let them play again, I am not sure if has happened before if an example

Just now, villa4europe said:

"who's that for?" 

"the black guy" 

Yeah it's a fair point, there's not much excuse for saying that, it's pretty stupid and inappropriate.

It's not as offensive as what the guy on the bench thought was said though, there's videos of him shouting at the ref "Why did you say negro?", which just sounds a bit like the Romanian word Negru.Definitely not what refs should be doing, but not on the same level as what was perceived.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

"who's that for?" 

"the black guy" 

Poor choice of words. I hesitate to go as far as to call it offensive. 

• Shocked 1

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

I've seen lots of people say black is "negru" in Romanian.

I'm yet to work out how that excuses anything. It's just as unacceptable to refer to him in a professional environment as  "black guy" as it would be to refer to someone as 'homo', 'wheelchair', 'woman' etc

I am pretty sure to be a UEFA referee you need to know English anyway so I dont think its a language issue

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

Not to take away from the amazing Mckennie goal but that defending by Barcelona was absolutely criminal. Their were to Juve players unmarked inside the 6. 

Barcelona should do the right thing and let Messi leave.   

It's the last year of his contract. He'll probably have signed a pre-contract by the end of January.

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

Poor choice of words. I hesitate to go as far as to call it offensive. 

It's definitely offensive. People seem to forget that these people are at work. Would you not be shocked if your boss lazily referred to an employee as 'black guy'?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

This is it, where do they pick it up?

Do they cancel it, if so how to they award the points? 

most recent game i can think of was Albania vs Serbia which was abandoned and not replayed. They awarded a 3-0 and deducted 3 points as well

Not sure if can do the same here

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

It's definitely offensive. People seem to forget that these people are at work. Would you not be shocked if your boss lazily referred to an employee as 'black guy'?

Its just the casual nature of it, there are so many things he can do, it's demba ba for a start, he's got a snood on, he can keep his mouth shut and point... "the black guy" no its not the worst form of racism that will ever be uttered but its something that they have to try and stop

I'm watching the game back on DAZN right now, and everything the players are saying is crystal clear, right in front of the mics. Demba Ba is adamant that the 4th official was singling out black players (particularly him evidently, and he's not even playing). 

He said that when referring to white players he would say "this guy", but to black players he would say "this n*gro". The unanimity of the players and staff of both teams is pretty damning.

Â