Week 13 - They Do Tuesdays Now

Brumerican

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The pats punted 4 times last night, the chargers had 11, 12, 10 and 12 again players on the field 

Has their Special teams coach been fired yet?

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Has their Special teams coach been fired yet?

Last week, Lynn took over 

Can't help but think they'll see the season through, stink the place out, get 4th in the draft and do a clean sweep, maybe telesco too but most of chargers social media thinks they're too cheap to pay everyone off (or pay for anyone decent to come in) 

• Like 1

Fangio does know how to dial up a good defense. We are missing a lot with Von, Jurrell, Callahan and Purcell on the sideline and he's still keeping up with the Chiefs. Just like last time until the offense and ST gave them about 21 points. It's really frustrating not to have a QB (at this time, he might flip the switch one day) to tie it all together. The pieces are there.

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

The story in the AFC is the Ravens total capitulation

If they lose to the Browns on MNF that next week, that will be true.

Lamar Jackson is not a great passer.  Stop the run, make him pass = simples!

1 hour ago, Tubby said:

If they lose to the Browns on MNF that next week, that will be true.

Lamar Jackson is not a great passer.  Stop the run, make him pass = simples!

It's why he will have diminishing returns the rest of his career. 

8 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Do they keep Gase on board or cut him loose as well?

If they want Lawrence then the last thing they need is any new manager bounce.  It's why Marrone still has a job. 

Some of the play calling by the Jets and Jags the last few weeks has been hilarious . In any other sport people would be done for match fixing.

22 hours ago, Brumerican said:

If they want Lawrence then the last thing they need is any new manager bounce.  It's why Marrone still has a job. 

Some of the play calling by the Jets and Jags the last few weeks has been hilarious . In any other sport people would be done for match fixing.

Its like being rewarded for losing, getting the number 1 pick in the draft. Not sure there is a fairer way of doing it though?

48 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its like being rewarded for losing, getting the number 1 pick in the draft. Not sure there is a fairer way of doing it though?

In theory it's actually a sound idea and much fairer than our football but it leaves the system open for abuse.  I know deep down the Jags could have at least 4 wins at this point but they just down tools every 4th quarter like clockwork .

The best player going to the worst team is logical to keep the league competitive but are the Jets and Jags REALLY the 2 worst teams this year ?  Both teams SHOULD have won this week but both teams CHOSE not to and that's where the problem lies.   It's not fair to the fans or the players .  Do you think Darnold gives a shit about Trevor Lawrence ?

I understand the tank and I've seen my share believe me but it still sucks to go through it as a fan and I rarely feel rewarded.  I'm all in on flopping for Fields though. He's walking into a better offense than Trevor straight away  and won't have that New York pressure. We have the most CAP space in the league , all the picks you'd need and pretty solid core of young players already who will be better for a year in the league.   We should be an enticing prospect for a decent coach for the first time in a long while so if we have a high pick again next year Khan needs to just sell up and foxtrot oscar.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brumerican said:

In theory it's actually a sound idea and much fairer than our football but it leaves the system open for abuse.  I know deep down the Jags could have at least 4 wins at this point but they just down tools every 4th quarter like clockwork .

The best player going to the worst team is logical to keep the league competitive but are the Jets and Jags REALLY the 2 worst teams this year ?  Both teams SHOULD have won this week but both teams CHOSE not to and that's where the problem lies.   It's not fair to the fans or the players .  Do you think Darnold gives a shit about Trevor Lawrence ?

I understand the tank and I've seen my share believe me but it still sucks to go through it as a fan and I rarely feel rewarded.  I'm all in on flopping for Fields though. He's walking into a better offense than Trevor straight away  and won't have that New York pressure. We have the most CAP space in the league , all the picks you'd need and pretty solid core of young players already who will be better for a year in the league.   We should be an enticing prospect for a decent coach for the first time in a long while so if we have a high pick again next year Khan needs to just sell up and foxtrot oscar.

Just look at the Browns. Bottomed out, drafted a QB, added talent on both sides of the ball through the draft and free agency... three years later it is a coaches dream.

Those that stay at the top consistently are clearly impressive, mostly because they have a QB but also because it bucks the whole purpose of worst to first. The other 20-25 teams however, any of them can make it in the right circumstances, on any given Sunday, in any season.

Love love love this sport!

• Like 1

Â