• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dems
    • Green
    • BNP
    • Other
    • Not voting
    • Spoiling Ballot Paper

Uh, I just voted for the tories. I feel dirty....

That's fine. Get your dirty instincts out of the way in this poll, and hopefully you'll feel clean, refreshed and a little bit more sensible by the time the actual election rolls around...

:winkold:

I voted BNP. Protest vote. You can argue all day about the wrongs of doing so and try and tell me that a protest vote is just a load of old bollocks, but in reality a lot of people are doing so.

There's a lot to be said for protest votes.

But a vote for the BNP isn't a protest vote. It's a vote for racism.

There's other options if protesting against the majority parties is the issue.

Does anyone really stand in the polling booth, thinking "Oh, I don't really care. They're all as bad as each other. I know! I'll vote for leather-jacketed thugs beating up black people, not that I'm a racist, it's just to make a point"? I don't really think so. Maybe a handful of people who are so dim that they really don't understand what the BNP is about. But for the vast majority, people who vote BNP know about and approve of their politics.

Yes the same as the UK... Romans, Vikings, etc... if you're gonna try and make a point, try and make a good one!

understand where you are coming from but the Romans ,vikings etc did not arrive in the British isles in sufficient enough numbers influence the balance of the population

same with the Norman conquest , for the population to have become Norman would have required end to end boats across the channel for months on end .. it never happened

Oz originally was inhabited by Aboriginees (it's arguable that they were not the first either but another topic) ... the fact that OZ is now predom white means it WAS influenced by immigration

Forgive me if me history is off, but weren't the first Britains actually Celts, and they were pushed into Scotland, Ireland and Wales by invading forces?

Quite frankly the BNP make me sick. The thin veil that covers the true nature of their hardcore support is plain for all to see, yet some people tend to ignore it. 'We're not facists or even racists' they say. It didnt take me long after a quick search on facebook to see how the people with power (the mods of the group) were censoring the more hardcore members of the BNP, in order to dispell the 'myth'. Its utter BS, like any political party, there are the hardcore supporters and the more moderate, but for me to turn a blind eye is as bad as being one of the skinhead animals that truely live the racist doctrine.

Forgive me if me history is off, but weren't the first Britains actually Celts, and they were pushed into Scotland, Ireland and Wales by invading forces?

I'd say that was very, very wrong, Nick.

Two articles you might find interesting:

The First Britons

Are The British Celts?

Goes to show, all they teach you in school is not right... anyhoo, my orignal point was that Ian said that Aussie was invaded by immigrants that settled, those links actually prove my point, that Britain was the same, if not millenia earlier!

Voted for LibDem in the poll, especially if we're talking about Orange Book LibDem... UKIP doesn't seem that bad either (and yes, my position on Europe would be a sort of hybrid between the two parties: ideally things like foreign relations and the military would become largely the province of Brussels, while business regulation and so forth would be the province of the several members; under current circumstances, IMO, I'd be opposed to membership in the EU). If the UK Libertarian Party were a viable party, I'd probably vote for them ahead of the LibDems.

And if all goes well, I may even vote in the Warwick and Leamington constituency in the General Election following the next one (or possibly the one after that).

how very sad Nick, you have no argument, Aus, N, USA are states bourne nearly 100% out of immigration especially as the native populations were either nearly all killed off or treated awfully, hence the Aussie's PM's public apology to the aborginals

yes Nick we did get invaded but that was so long ago it is irrelevant, immigration has always happened for many reasons and always will

what is interesting is that in the West Mids probably the most intergrated place int he country the BNP have no presence in many councils and only a limited one in sadnwell which does not even register

I watched a coupel of nigyts ago on sky a black person defending the BNP in I think the docklands, how ironic is that ?

I haven't voted on this poll yet, as I'm a little confused. Not over what my potential candidate should appear to be - as apart from Drat's point, their individual representation is irrelevant as once they are in the house they vote with the party whip. So whatever they say on the doorstep disappears once they gain parliamentary ascent.

The seat in which I am registered to vote is strong labour, but most danger would come from the lib dems.

My vote would have to be one for which creates the strongest possibility for changing the current political dogma. Something that changes what we vote for.

I would therefore place wrap my voting slip around a small incendiary device and burn out the ballot box.

One party, one state, two colours.

Same policies, different hues.

Blue or Red your vote is as good as dead.

It's time the people sought change.

BIAD.

Voted for LibDem in the poll, especially if we're talking about Orange Book LibDem... UKIP doesn't seem that bad either (and yes, my position on Europe would be a sort of hybrid between the two parties: ideally things like foreign relations and the military would become largely the province of Brussels, while business regulation and so forth would be the province of the several members; under current circumstances, IMO, I'd be opposed to membership in the EU). If the UK Libertarian Party were a viable party, I'd probably vote for them ahead of the LibDems.

And if all goes well, I may even vote in the Warwick and Leamington constituency in the General Election following the next one (or possibly the one after that).

Having quickly read a bit in your link about the Libertarian party I find it strange that you should be, in a way, torn between them and the Lib Dems. From the little I've read about the Libertarian party it seems to me like your torn between chalk and cheese.

Who do I like most hmmmmm?????????.

Hmmm shall I vote for the party that wants to make the tax system fairer by re-distributing wealth to pay for public services such as the NHS. Or, on second thoughts shall I vote for the party that wants to scrap the fairest system of tax there is (income tax) and scrap the NHS in favour of an insurance-based system.

in emergencies yep

but for what we could normal treatment there again as a free marketer then i guess you enjoy the free market economics of rising food and petrol prices

thought not ...

What the hell are you babbling on about man? Have you actually ever been to America?

yes

quite simple over there it is the free market model a lot of tories like the same free market that has brought us high food prices, high oil prices and the credit crunch

and yet you support it and moan about high prices,

that is hyprocirsy dear sir

yesh the insurance system in the states really works well eh ?

Second hand information? Nothing like a slice of hypocrisy!

Second hand information is hypocrisy? You have to directly observe everything you accept is true, or you're a hypocrite?

Yes, I can see how that will make for a more sensible approach to life. :?

No, Doctor! I cannot accept your advice about my child's imminent need for an operation until I have spent seven years qualifying myself, and carried out several similar operations to test their likely success.

And I do not accept your suggestion about the probable temperature of the sun until I can fly there myself and test it personally. And so on...

yesh the insurance system in the states really works well eh ?

Second hand information? Nothing like a slice of hypocrisy!

Second hand information is hypocrisy? You have to directly observe everything you accept is true, or you're a hypocrite?

Yes, I can see how that will make for a more sensible approach to life. :?

No, Doctor! I cannot accept your advice about my child's imminent need for an operation until I have spent seven years qualifying myself, and carried out several similar operations to test their likely success.

And I do not accept your suggestion about the probable temperature of the sun until I can fly there myself and test it personally. And so on...

Actually Peter, Ian accussed me of only having second hand information on my view on the UK, stating that I hadn't been home in a while.

Now Ian is having a view on a country he has taken a 2 week holiday in, hence my hypocrisy comment.

Nice attempt at sarcasm though! :crylaugh:

yes

quite simple over there it is the free market model a lot of tories like the same free market that has brought us high food prices, high oil prices and the credit crunch

and yet you support it and moan about high prices,

that is hyprocirsy dear sir

What the ****... you accussed me of only having second hand information, because I haven't been home in a while, and yet you have an opinion on the Medical System of a country you have taken a 2 week holiday in, and it's not second hand info, then you go on babbling about High Oil prices and the Free Market...