• Green
    • BNP
    • Other
    • Not voting
    • Spoiling Ballot Paper

it depends on the type of immigration doesn't it

we have 4 sorts

1) Aslyum seekers - much maligned in the press but generally geninue

2) EU migrants especially from Poland Lithunia, but they are doing jobs our own eopel wouldn;t do and it is said they are starting to drift back after making money

3) Migrants outside the EU, difficult to get in now but for example the Indian and Chinese restaurants secotr are crying out for me

4) Illegal migration which is wrong but the numbers have slowed down

with 4 different types a one size fits all approach does not work. for example say all immigration was banned the leasiure and Hotel industry especially in the south would be very angry about it. Or the NHS which requires bith on cheap labour like Porters and cleaners and for doctors and nurses

Ian - what about footballers from outside of the EU - which group would they be classified in?

Note: I wonder how many who state they are against immigration then contradict themselves by raving over the signing of someone like Jon Carew

number 3 obviously ian

and it is an excellent point because it is defintely based on a class thing if you like

see look at how people said we should have been allowed to get Guzan yet there are better English keepers as an example ...

for example the Indian and Chinese restaurants secotr are crying out for me

Well - trust a labour supporter to hijack the thread to deflect and talk about their 'dining out' habits. :lol:

Sorry, Ian, I couldn't resist it. :wink:

see look at how people said we should have been allowed to get Guzan yet there are better English keepers as an example ...

Indeed. I read today Joe Hart could be looking for a move from Citeh this summer because they only want to pay him £10,000 a week!

Could be the Carson we thought we were getting.

possibly AWOL but slightly OT eh ??

but the point is if you say only workers who are needed should be let in (quality test if you like) then how come we and other tams are recruting so many foreign youngsters who may or may not be good (from outside the EU)

as I say the restirctions the BNP want seem to based on colour, others just a dislike of certain countries but any football fan calling for a ban should look at their team as well

I would also like to point out that, as whole, immigrants into this country provide a net benefit to the economy.

That's aside from the fact that, in my opinion, we have a duty as a relatively wealthy nation to look after those who may not be as fortunate. If I have to pay a bit more in tax towards such things, and as a result me and my family have to cut back a little bit, then so be it...

possibly AWOL but slightly OT eh ??

but the point is if you say only workers who are needed should be let in (quality test if you like) then how come we and other tams are recruting so many foreign youngsters who may or may not be good (from outside the EU)

Much more relevant in club cricket, actually.

For sides a level or two below the top of the club pyramid, they often rely upon managing to find a good overseas player for the season (who generally isn't paid by the club but works in employment found by the club locally).

One of my local cricket clubs (Barnards Green) had that very problem a couple of years ago - link. As it turned out their replacement (Dan Flynn) was absolute quality.

They may not be much better than the team in which they are playing or even any good at the job they do but they certainly add hugely to English players in those respective clubs in which they play.

It would be very interesting to see how many of those who said they would vote Tory have (suffered) under them before?

I have not suffered, in fact thing were better than now... alot better! In fact, who would vote labour again, after suffering the last 11 years!

On the immigration issue, we should have the same rules and controls as Australia and New Zealand!

But we are not either of those countries, Nick.

Shouldn't our immigration policies and rules be based on what is most apt for our country not what is best for those in the antipodes?

Shouldn't our immigration policies and rules be based on what is most apt for our country

what is most apt though ?

open borders or some controls ... I'm assuming people aren't voting BNP for their views on the economy and environment so it would suggest that some controls would be a route people would like explored ??

is that the same AU and NZ where the vast vast vast majority of the populations are immigrants and descendants of immigrants ?

Yes the same as the UK... Romans, Vikings, etc... if you're gonna try and make a point, try and make a good one!

Shouldn't our immigration policies and rules be based on what is most apt for our country

what is most apt though ?

open borders or some controls ... I'm assuming people aren't voting BNP for their views on the economy and environment so it would suggest that some controls would be a route people would like explored ??

the BNP's are not on about controlled immigration whatever that is but NO immigration

Yes the same as the UK... Romans, Vikings, etc... if you're gonna try and make a point, try and make a good one!

understand where you are coming from but the Romans ,vikings etc did not arrive in the British isles in sufficient enough numbers influence the balance of the population

same with the Norman conquest , for the population to have become Norman would have required end to end boats across the channel for months on end .. it never happened

Oz originally was inhabited by Aboriginees (it's arguable that they were not the first either but another topic) ... the fact that OZ is now predom white means it WAS influenced by immigration