• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dems
    • Green
    • BNP
    • Other
    • Not voting
    • Spoiling Ballot Paper

But if you can point me in the direction of me making a post in which I totally dismiss the Torries of being capable of running the economy (akin to the one by TheTrees I think it was to which I initally replied) feel free to point it out.

It's there trent.

But if you can point me in the direction of me making a post in which I totally dismiss the Torries of being capable of running the economy (akin to the one by TheTrees I think it was to which I initally replied) feel free to point it out.

It's there trent.

Where? At no point in this thread have I said anything even close.

You are trying to score a point Richard based on something I haven't said, I don't know if the Torries are capable of running the economy. How can I? I don't know what their policies are let alone if they would work.

Why be ashamed if you feel so strongly about it?!

After the recent - and very interesting - thread about the BNP's membership list I'm staggered that their vote has increased by one third on this poll in a single day.

I would hope that if anyone will actually put their head up and explain why so we could debate their views, that they wouldn't just have people screaming fascist! (incorrectly as the Don so rightly pointed out ;) ) at them. Sadly I think that's the main reason these posters won't identitfy themselves.

Back OT (sort of as we seem to be talking about the economy a lot in this thread), I believe one of the main concerns of borrowing more when the economy is essentailly 'borrowed out' is the potential loss of investor confidence in Sterling and a collapse in the currency. It's dipping quite alarmingly already and if the speculators decide we are in real trouble then we really will be in real trouble.

I think that possibly the only way to make a fiscal stimulus such as the one Brown is proposing actually work, would now be full nationalisation of the banking system in order to force them to lend. The current situation seems to be the worst of all worlds - tax payers heavily exposed but the banks with no actual obligation to lend. They have been recapitalised to a threshold where they can survive but not sufficently to give them the confidence to lend.

That's just my take anyway and I don't pretend to be an expert in these things.

I guess it must be in the "interpretation" but for me "I don't think they have got a clue it certainly has appeared that way from Cameron's dithering on the issue" certainly comes close to what the trees said

After the recent - and very interesting - thread about the BNP's membership list I'm staggered that their vote has increased by one third on this poll in a single day

Started at 11 now at 16 so almost a half

I guess it must be in the "interpretation" but for me "I don't think they have got a clue it certainly has appeared that way from Cameron's dithering on the issue" certainly comes close to what the trees said

That is correct, I said that but you are miss quoting me mate. I said that in relation to policy not ability to run the economy there is a difference.

I don't deny I think the Conservatives are really struggling to put together a coherent economic policy at the moment or at least one they are willing to share with the voting public.

That isn't to say that they won't produce one or are incapble of doing so.

Anyway moving on.

Interesting post Awol on two counts (apologies for not quoting but there have been too many long quote-athons)

In regards the BNP, TheDon was spot on the other day but a fair few refuse to listen and your right for that reason those who have said they would vote BNP will keep their heads down. That or it is people having a little fun with the results rather than it representing true attitudes which I rather suspect.

On the other issue regarding fiscal policy and the regulation and possible nationalisation of the banking sector I kind of agree with you. There were some stories of Brown taking action against the banks if they continue to refuse to lend in todays press, I'd be interested to know what this action would be.