Albion v Palace 12pm SS2

Sheff Utd v Leicester 2.15pm SS2

Spurs v Arsenal 4.30pm SS2

Liverpool v Wolves 7.15pm SS2

MOTD 2 10.30pm

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Everton in bigger freefall than us

Yeah it's getting not far off Marco SIlva level now. Lose today and it would be 5 defeats from 6 and one win in last 8 games. Not like they've even had that tough a schedule either. Only kept one clean sheet all season aswell and that was opening day.

I was joking about them being in relegation battle but a bottom half finish for them is a big possibility and that would surely mean the sack for Carlo. Problem is I don't really see where they could go after that given they've tried up and coming managers and Ancelotti was supposed to be the guarentee of top 6 and winning a cup.

Spent about 500m in last 5 years.

• Like 1

Gap to the bottom 4 keeps getting smaller. 8 points with a game in hand to the drop is still a lot but it was much bigger a few weeks back.

Edited by sne

Just now, sne said:

Gap to the bottom 4 keeps getting smaller. 8 points with a game in hand is still a lot but it was much bigger a few weeks back.

I know with last season we have more reason for concern but look at Everton, similar great start to us, now they've properly fell off a cliff, they'll be 1 point ahead of us having played 2 games more and with far far higher expectations this season than we have 

Wonder where their fans heads are at now

Theyre looking worse than us, think that's the main thing with us and relegation, I'm still not worried or even thinking about it, there's a lot of bad teams out there, think we could and should have a good december, which is why I'm pissed Newcastle got called off

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I know with last season we have more reason for concern but look at Everton, similar great start to us, now they've properly fell off a cliff, they'll be 1 point ahead of us having played 2 games more and with far far higher expectations this season than we have 

Wonder where their fans heads are at now

Theyre looking worse than us, think that's the main thing with us and relegation, I'm still not worried or even thinking about it, there's a lot of bad teams out there, think we could and should have a good December, which is why I'm pissed Newcastle got called off

I'm not worried about relegation, yet. We have enough quality in our starting 11 to be fine this season. But the extreme schedule and our very weak squad outside that starting 11 means we are very vulnerable which is not great. And we are still reliant on Grealish to carry us.

As for Everton I don't care either way. They should be fine top half but obviously won't challenge the top. Just as expected. They look worse than they should atm thou.

We do have a very tricky end to the season. Just hope we clock up enough points by then and obviously steer clear of any serious injuries to key players. A couple of shrewd signings in January definitely needed. We perform better than I imagined we would nearly every week so as long as that continues we’ll be fine. Jack being at the level he is gives us a big advantage over the rest.

15 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

We do have a very tricky end to the season. Just hope we clock up enough points by then and obviously steer clear of any serious injuries to key players. A couple of shrewd signings in January definitely needed. We perform better than I imagined we would nearly every week so as long as that continues we’ll be fine. Jack being at the level he is gives us a big advantage over the rest.

Without wanting to derail it to a relegation thread I think as long as we keep a bit of confidence we will be perfectly fine, unfortunately villa fans are our own worst enemies in that regard

My biggest pet peeve is the idea that Burnley, or West brom or Sheffield utd could go on some kind of amazing streak that we simply can't... At the very least Smith has shown that we can string together results when needed 

Â