VT Albums of the Year 2020

bickster

On 30/11/2020 at 08:37, blandy said:

Damn, I forgot to mention her.

Also a few more to add

Hey Colossus Dances/Curses - it's bloody excellent - it only came out last month, and I just got round to buying it, so I can add it to my list now.

Also Bill Callahan - Gold Record

and I wasn't sure about Phoebe Bridgers "Punisher", but now I am - it's also excellent. It's not one of those "immediately like it" ones, more I liked a few songs enough to buy the album, and then listen to it all the way through - yep. Excellent.

Clear number 1 for me followed in no particular order. 

1. Kvaen – The funeral pyre

www.bengans.se/bilder/artiklar/3725947.jpg?m=15...

Lik – Misanthropic breedMystic.pl - Lik "Misanthropic Breed LP BLACK" | VINYL PRE-ORDERS      Hurula - Jehova  Hurula – Jehova | HYMN

Slowgold - Aska Slowgold – Aska | HYMN Carpenter Brut - Blood Machines OST  Blood Machines - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by Carpenter Brut on  Amazon Music - Amazon.com

Svartkonst - Black Waves Black Waves | SVARTKONST

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Risso said:

1)Belle and Sebastian

2) Belle and Sebastian

3) Belle and Sebastian

Hmmm, let's do the timewarp againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :)

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Risso said:

1) The Reds, Pinks and Purples - You Might Be Happy Someday

2) Jetstream Pony - Jetstream Pony

3) Close Lobsters - Post Neo Anti: Arte Povera in the Forest of Symbols

Screenshot 2020-12-18 at 22.26.31.png

The Close Lobsters are back?

On 04/12/2020 at 12:07, HanoiVillan said:

Huh, interesting! Had no idea he was a musician to be honest.

I'm sure there aren't; as I say, just made me realise how out of touch I am. I probably shouldn't have quoted your post specifically, because it's true for every other one as well. I recognise maybe 5% of the artists mentioned in the thread. Dunno if I'm getting old, or just have very different tastes.

If it helps I don’t recognise nearly of these names in this thread either (think we’re roughly the same age). And the ones I do, like Doves, I had no idea that they’d released anything this year. 

I’m not sure I could name ANY songs from this year, really dropped off from listening to new stuff. I keep meaning to get back into it but it’s never sustained for whatever reason. 

I did know about Matt Berry though. Only because I had a free CD from a magazine years ago with various artists covering Floyd tracks and he covered “Any colour you like”. And I’m pretty sure I saw him perform the Toast of London theme song at the end of an episode once.

Â