Penalties

One For The Road

5 minutes ago, smg said:

Vardy, Barnes etc running onto balls played into the penalty area, we don’t do that. Defenders also know not to tackle Grealish for obvious reasons, they just try to block his shot/lay off instead.

They foul him outside the box, so why not inside lol.

58 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

They foul him outside the box, so why not inside lol.

You can see the difference between outside and inside so blatantly. First chance they get, they'll take him down outside the box but as soon as he's inside every single one of them looks terrified. They don't want to go near him.

Just now, villan-scott said:

I reckon Mings would take a decent penalty. Leather it down the middle. 

I think he might do that once. Then the next one he'd saunter up, do a stutter and try a dink down the middle.

• Haha 1

Martinez would be the best penalty taker I bet, keepers take millions of them against eachother in training, especially backup keepers.

But he'll never get a chance to take them because the shit storm having your keeper take penalties would cause, with people bleating about how disrespectful it is.

11 hours ago, samjp26 said:

Because we'd get a penalty..?

Yeah that the problem right there isnt itit could be a legitimate penalty and were faking it, so we may as well have divers.

7 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Martinez would be the best penalty taker I bet, keepers take millions of them against eachother in training, especially backup keepers.

But he'll never get a chance to take them because the shit storm having your keeper take penalties would cause, with people bleating about how disrespectful it is.

Top notch shit-housing.

In the words of Mr Shakin' Stevens, lovely stuff.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Grealish, Barkley, Luiz, McGinn, Targett.

Would be my choice in order of people I expect to be on the pitch a lot this season.

I'd easily place Grealish behind Barkley, Luiz, Cash, Hourihane, AEG. Probably even Watkins.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Why are people suggesting Cash, I can't think of a single shot he's had all season. Where is this notion coming from, from so many people? Did he used to take them for Forest or something?

Unless I'm missing a joke?

It's about concentration and coping with pressure. (Almost) every top level footballer can kick a ball into the goal where they want to place it from the penalty spot.

It's doing it under pressure when all eyes are on you that is the thing. Just take Jedinak as a recent example, he was rather uncomfortable on the ball during games but calm as a cucumber at the penalty spot.

Edit: As other has mentioned I think Luiz might be a good option if Grealish doesn't fancy it.

Edited by sne
  • Like 3

Â