Worst ever Villa team

mallett

GK Nyland - enklemann would be a close second but at least Peter had a few good games but with a couple of horrendous moment against the unflushables. Nyland had 2 good games for us, both against Leicester in the semi last year, otherwise, he was weak, poor positioning ( that fifth goal against Forest still haunts me today). He is not even good at shot stopping, so Bruce says he had good scouting on this guy says it all.

CB partnership of Clark and Baker, there is a reason most called them the Chuckle Bros and it wasn't very funny most times. I still remember there was a shot of an OG by Clark and a slow motion of both brothers giving themselves face palm at the same time. Everything was so in sync that moment you wish they would do better at partnering at centre backs. 

I don't think there is any lack of effort from the brothers, but one is so error prone and with a decision making defiency, the other one often goes off injured after his first header of the game after 10mins you think what is the fuckng point?

The other CB - Lescott the word removed can join them at the back 3. Another so called villa fan/player taking a complete mick out of the club and supporters.

4 Midfields - Danny Eatshit. He was suppose to reinforce us and at least just gives us an extra body in what was the most difficult time last year. He can **** eat shit and lawn mow at the same time from all i care.

Michael Boulding - he should have follow his dream and play balls with Tim Henman.

Jordan Veretout- i don't give a shit if he is doing very well in Italy and was very close for a call up with France. But his time with us in our relegation  season was an absolute shocker. And not that he **** cares anyway, as soon as we were down the phone is already with his agent. Zero effort and ability from what I can see when he was in a villa shirt.

Robert Pires - clearly was distracted on the pitch and was still searching for the meaning of Va Va Voom when he has the ball at his feet. Thinks too highly of himself when he was with us, not understanding that none of us really gives a shit of he has done with Le Arse.

3 strikers - Jordan Bowery. His records says it all, but fair play for getting MOTM on his last game for us, and even scoring an OG on the same day.

Russian H Murphy- not sure if he has any strength in his game. A nothing player.

Chris Samba - thought he was a defender but Bruce master plan of turning him into the new Heskey almost worked.

Notable mentions - Liam Ridgewell, he partnered the young and inexperience Cahill at the time, although it was Cahill who played like a pro and rescued him out of so many dodgy situations, but all forgiven for his agent act at the sty.

Gary Gardner - not quite the wonderkid who we all wished for . Apparently still playing football.

Barry Bannon - its a shame the Scottish Messi didn't quite lived up the expectation. Another one who thinks too much of himself at the time and should have just work hard instead. 

2 hours ago, Enda said:

Richards was an absolute atrocity of a player. I remember us losing 3-1 against Luton and thinking Micah Richards, on £60,000 a week, was playing like an 8 year-old.

The defending for their second and third goals was so bad it’s funny to watch.

I'm not saying Richards was good by any means (he was poor), but we've had worse defenders IMO. I clicked on a random page of his thread during the relegation season (before he had a run-in with fans vs Wycombe), and he was seen as one of our better players (not saying much admittedly)

1 minute ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

I'm not saying Richards was good by any means (he was poor), but we've had worse defenders IMO. I clicked on a random page of his thread during the relegation season (before he had a run-in with fans vs Wycombe), and he was seen as one of our better players (not saying much admittedly)

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/13462-micah-richards/page/82/

The Billy McNeill relegation team has to be one of the worst teams I've seen in claret and blue. I'm trying to think of the keeper we had at the time, who was really small for a GK. David Norton. A second - hand, Andy Gray. Simon, bloody, stainrod. Neale, injury - prone, Cooper. Paul Kerr. Trust me, we were terrible. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

We've had some donkeys and cloggers but i am not sure I have seen someone as naive and clueless as Richards when it comes to actual defending.

Played like he had a brain injury.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

The Billy McNeill relegation team has to be one of the worst teams I've seen in claret and blue. I'm trying to think of the keeper we had at the time, who was really small for a GK. David Norton. A second - hand, Andy Gray. Simon, bloody, stainrod. Neale, injury - prone, Cooper. Paul Kerr. Trust me, we were terrible. 

Stainrod had a great scoring record for Villa. Well, 21 in 42 in his first year, then he tapered off.

As for Neale Cooper, I'd have loved him to be our destroyer in the middle. Unfortunately it was his body parts that kept breaking, he was never fit.

I remember that horrid team... & Stainrod who bizarrely scored 4 on his debut if i remember correctly & filled us all with false hope... that was indeed by far his high point.

The last relegation team was dreadfull though. Can't even remember half of that team!

For the GK are you thinking of Kevin Poole?

16 hours ago, MellbergsBeard said:

Kalinic

Beye Richards Lescott Richardson

Tonev Tshibola makoun nzogbia

Mccormack Hogan

Hard to argue with that team. I actually liked Makoun, but yeah, he was shocking for us.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

That's the one. Curly haired, lad. Couldn't catch a beach - ball.

They were bad times. We had some terrible players in that time, just remembering Warren Aspinall 😩. I didn't think we would see as bad a Villa team again in my life as that, then along came Timmy's team a few years ago. ☹️

9 minutes ago, NeilS said:

They were bad times. We had some terrible players in that time, just remembering Warren Aspinall 😩. I didn't think we would see as bad a Villa team again in my life as that, then along came Timmy's team a few years ago. ☹️

Warren Aspinall, Wigan's finest.

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Stainrod had a great scoring record for Villa. Well, 21 in 42 in his first year, then he tapered off.

As for Neale Cooper, I'd have loved him to be our destroyer in the middle. Unfortunately it was his body parts that kept breaking, he was never fit.

I was at Exeter when he scored 4 on his debut in the Cup 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Warren Aspinall, Wigan's finest.

Ha ha, I remember him getting pelters from The Holte End for wrestling the ball off someone to take a penalty, only to then proceed to miss it. 🤦‍♂️

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Do we really want to revisit the dark days of the recent past?

I'd rather daydream about away games at the Nou Camp

Its all part of the healing process. As shit as we were some of the awaydays were epic 

Â