VPNs

Rds1983

5 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

I only use VPN in the Opera browser for stuff like ordering books etc where I have to give my Visa details

There is no point using it for that. The connection to the card payment provider is encrypted anyway.

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

Oh,ok then,but I think its still good to have that option on a browser.

It is, but it's better to have one that protects all data, not just data in your browser.

I dont keep my credit card details on my PC,so apart from various passwords and pictures there is nothing personel stored on my PC.I have always been very careful what info I keep on my PC. 

• 1 month later...

It also depends on where you're trying to access it, in my experience. 

I had used PIA on and off since about 2016.  But it was useless for me in Vietnam in 2019 when I was trying to access the BBC website.  

I met someone there who was using ExpressVPN to do the exact same thing, so switched to that and no problems...until this year, When I was in Dubai and hotels etc seemed to block any sort of VPN. Less of an issue of you go through a local data plan there, mind. 

• 3 months later...

Has anyone used Ivacy? I've been recommended it by our external IT support guys. They said avoid Express VPN and some of the bigger names as it's questionable whether the data is actually secured and not sold, but players like Ivacy and Mullvad are solid.

Never had a VPN before so it's all new to me. Just want to add some online protection on phone and PC - With Ivacy I can secure multiple devices on one account.

6 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Has anyone used Ivacy? I've been recommended it by our external IT support guys. They said avoid Express VPN and some of the bigger names as it's questionable whether the data is actually secured and not sold, but players like Ivacy and Mullvad are solid.

How would they know?

6 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Never had a VPN before so it's all new to me. Just want to add some online protection on phone and PC - With Ivacy I can secure multiple devices on one account.

All of them do that.

On 23/12/2021 at 12:22, Dante_Lockhart said:

did he give you an affiliate link ;)? everybody is promoting vpns these days, it's mad.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, slovenian said:

did he give you an affiliate link ;)? everybody is promoting vpns these days, it's mad.

This.

Find a provider with verifiable evidence that their claims of having no logs has been confirmed independently.

ExpressVPN had a server seized by Turkish authorities and they confirmed it contained no log data.

Nord VPN was audited by PWC and was confirmed to not record logs.

• Like 1

Â