1. 1. The Who or Led Zeppelin

• The Who
    • Led Zeppelin

Write-in vote: Rush...

drums: Neil Peart>Bonham>Moon

bass: Geddy Lee>Entwistle>Jones

guitar: Page>Alex Lifeson>Townsend

vox: Plant>Daltrey>Lee

multi-/other instrumentalist: Lee>Townsend>Jones (esp. since Lee can play bass pedals (well, trigger MIDI samples of bass)

(or trigger keyboard samples with his feet while playing the bass and singing))

Ranking it on a simple 3,2,1 system, the table becomes:

Rush: 12 pts

Zeppelin: 10pts

The Who: 8pts

I'm voting for The Who BTW, how can you not vote for a band with a guitarist who smashed up stages and managed to stab themself with their own whammy bar doing his trademark "windmill"

Despite the "Rock Opera"s, the Who probably work better as a Singles band. I can listen to a handful of Who tracks, but with Zep, I have to sit down and listen to the whole album. Zepplin work for me better as an album band. Both did great stuff, but I think in a way, Zepplin are dating more quickly.

But then I always had difficulty defining exactly what the "who" sound was, as they moved on more from the raw brashness of earlier singles, with ore of an english pop spin, through their later work. Zepplin always sound like Zepplin.

Its Blur vs Oasis for grand dads really......

Zeppelin, easily. I don't mind The Who, Who's Next is a decent effort, but Zeppelin at their best is just immense and one of my favourite bands of all time.

I love Who's Next, Who Sell out and Quadrophenia best but then again, my all time favourite track is Led Zep - Thank You from Led Zep II
Will you marry me? :lol:

Hey, why not, we like similar music, we're bothVilla fans - what would Mrs Mooney think about it though :)

Zep all the way. Always thought The Who, while a perfectly decent band, were vastly overrated. And Moon wasn't fit to lace Bonzo's drinks. Nah, that's slightly harsh - I just wanted to get a drink lacing gag in. They are both head and shoulders above other rock drummers, but Bonham was better IMO. The power and control the big lad had was astonishing.

And no-one in Zep has ever been up before the beak for 'book-research'.

Got to be Zep.

I had to delete a lot of their stuff off my mp3 player recently, but only because I had about 600meg of their stuff. Says it all really.

Â