Transgenderism

Chindie

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

What on earth are you talking about? I'm fine calling him or her whatever is preferable as long as it's respectable, like I said all along if you would read before you wrote. That doesn't change what she and he most likely is, without me being her personal doctor. 

So I repeat: Does the word ‘he’ only refer to those with cock and balls then?

1 minute ago, Brumerican said:

Just For Them ?

No, not just for them. But if that example opens up the possibility of there being something non-binary, then we are open to discussing where you might want to draw the line, or how you count the number of sexes, not whether that possibility even exists.

Just now, chrisp65 said:

No, not just for them. But if that example opens up the possibility of there being something non-binary, then we are open to discussing where you might want to draw the line, or how you count the number of sexes, not whether that possibility even exists.

It was the best non binary hair dye joke ever written.

I'll give you a moment.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

I don't think he's actually projecting his own self resentment. I think he's just disappeared down a rabbit hole and keeps doubling down. He got kick back for an episode of a show he wrote that was transphobic, and then got validation from a group that was against those that kicked back at him, and he became so enamoured with that praise he's just kept going, ruining his reputation, torpedoing his career, to the extent he's now trawling lesbian dating apps to call out people he believes shouldn't be there.

I'm sure you're right but the level of commitment is so very weird.  

He needs a pint , a small Baileys and a gin and tonic IMO .

Partridge Cloud | ("irish" accent) "there's more to ireland dan dis."

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

So what happens when somebody is born with ovaries and testicles?

What happens when early fusion of an XX and an XY chromosome embryo happens and the baby is born ‘intersex’?

There is a grey area, whether it’s convenient or not.

Good question, I agree there's a grey area, though I think it would be less grey if you had the medical data presented.

7 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Completely disagree.

She is a she. She might identify as a he, we respect people and adress them as such (most people do anyway), but that doesn't change what you by nature are.

You're talking about sex. He is talking about gender.

Things really are much simpler when you make that distinction.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Good question, I agree there's a grey area, though I think it would be less grey if you had the medical data presented.

But that’s just opened up the possibility of there being more than two options on the physiology.

Now take that idea, and think about the chemistry and electricity of the brain and we’re up and running on there being a scale from black to white running through a bunch of greys. 

• Like 1

Just now, chrisp65 said:

But that’s just opened up the possibility of there being more than two options on the physiology.

Now take that idea, and think about the chemistry and electricity of the brain and we’re up and running on there being a scale from black to white running through a bunch of greys. 

Then apply it to pretty much every idea in existence.

😀

• Like 2

There are biological processes which define sex.  You can be born with both but still have a ruling sex, because that person will still have periods/produce sperm - that's the ruling sex.

Dunno what early fusion of xx/xy chromosomes means because it's literally the first thing to happen when a sperm fertilises an egg.

The argument is on whether it's socially acceptable to be able to choose, based on feelings.  I don't care really - be what you want as long as you're happy - I'll call you whatever you or someone else introduces me to you as - no worries. 

The other grey areas are on whether people can abuse the system, like toilets, changing rooms etc.  For some reason that argument gets laughed off on here, but it does affect the people who choose to be their "born" gender - albeit I can't see this being a huge problem because there are so few abusers of the system.  The other issue is within our society, we treat people differently (despite most of us being in denial about that), again a social construct which can be altered and changed to suit. 

I prefer the old system of him/her and anything else is shoved into a colourful, pointy tent which I can look at for a small fee and some candyfloss. (that's a joke for the ROFL's)

I mean they spent millions making Game Of Thrones , The MCU , Star Wars etc to hammer home the point of everything being grey.

Hell the secret to Miyagi Do Karate is that you need X and Y working together to create the beat.

The Secret of Miyagi Karate. - Album on Imgur

Edited by Brumerican

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Made a full speech here, but it's pointless. Steve is right. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

6 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

I don't find it much simpler, not if you are not allowed to define or categorise things by sex. 🙄

You can define or categorise things by sex, as long as you distinguish that from gender. 

You can say that Elliot Page's biological sex is female. But his gender is male. They are different

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You can say that Elliot Page's biological sex is female. 

Can you though? I ask this from a genuine place of ignorance on the subject. If I can't even reference the fact that he used to be called Ellen (dead naming?) can I just say their biological sex is female without fear of social reprisal?

Similarly, if defining or categorising by sex is fine, why don't we do that? XX chromosome sport, XY sport, XX prisons, XY prisons etc. It takes gender out of the equation.

Â