Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Milot Rashica 'in talks' over late move after Aston Villa transfer claims - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

How do they get away with this shit - Birmingham Live?

Pretty sure you know how I initially read this when I saw it pop up in the Newsnow feed ffs.

I've blocked them on Newsnow and if I ever see one of their links I never, ever click. They're an absolute disgrace of a newspaper. I'd genuinely cringe if I wrote that headline.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Stepping in to this debate that we appear to not need healthy squad depth..

Continuing with the formation we have largely used this season, we have the following players to select from outside our strongest XI:

Heaton

Elmo   Engels   Hause   Taylor

Nakamba    Sanson*

Trezeguet    Ramsey     El Ghazi

Davis  (Wesley)

Apart from Sanson* (who has only just joined us), How many of those players do we feel confident in turning towards to bring on and change a game or see a game out? 

If we qualify for a European competition, how many of these players would you field?

They may all individually have good games when any of them are playing in amongst the first 11 on the odd occasion, but as a whole I feel we can improve on these players over the next 2 seasons.

Replacing them with atleast as good as what we already have in the first XI, or better! is the scenario we're most likely heading towards and I am not against it.

Qualifying for Europe will ensure the type of player we do bring in will go up a grade.

I agree with every word but I just think the next step is likely to happen with 4-5 new signings in the summer rather than anything in the rest of this season. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bazmonkey said:

I believe top 10 is achievable and if someone said at the start would you take it id snap their hand off.

However, we are in a really great position to make top 8 even Europe and we should grasp the opportunity...not let it go and say well we finished 10th thats an improvement.

8th means finishing ahead of two of Chelsea, Arsenal and Everton and I don’t think we will quite manage it. Fingers crossed of course. To finish top half will be a big achievement either way.

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

spam are gonna cause us issues from set pieces tho.

Thats what i said about southampton last night..we just need to be more composed at the back and not give away silly corners and free kicks..we owe this lot a drubbing after the last time

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Okonokos said:

I've blocked them on Newsnow and if I ever see one of their links I never, ever click. They're an absolute disgrace of a newspaper. I'd genuinely cringe if I wrote that headline.

Birmingham Live!  :crylaugh::crylaugh:  I wouldn't even call it a newspaper!

It's just some click bait website that contains misleading articles and contradicting headlines, published mostly by a pack of bitter amateurs that call themselves journalists and writers!   Ha!

Copy and paste wage thieves!

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

How do you do that?

Click on the little cog symbol next to the source of the article and then select hide publication. I think you get like 5 free blocks but have to create a free account to get unlimited.

• Thanks 1

Jack gets fouled beyond belief every game.....we need on good header of the ball, to join our squad, to take advantage of the free kicks....like Soucek and Vestergaard do.

we have to work so hard, for our goals.

31 minutes ago, TRO said:

Jack gets fouled beyond belief every game.....we need on good header of the ball, to join our squad, to take advantage of the free kicks....like Soucek and Vestergaard do.

we have to work so hard, for our goals.

I think we've done well this season in spreading the goals around without the need to change too much. Could do with a good DM though if we can find a decent one. Someone in the Viera,  Yaya Toure, Nzonzi mould would be good IMO 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Transfer deadline day is going to be interesting tomorrow. SSN will be scraping the barrel even more than usual.

Liverpool going for a Preston CB will be mentioned every 5 mins.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Transfer deadline day is going to be interesting tomorrow. SSN will be scraping the barrel even more than usual.

Should be moved to Sky comedy just for one day. I may actually watch as it will be hilarious.

• Haha 2