Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

10 hours ago, TRO said:

I wish folk would stop harping on about relegation last season..... we are a different team, with £85 mill worth of additions......Leicester was nearly relegated a few seasons back and won the league the next season.

last season has gone look forward, not backwards.

I kind of get your point but surely what happened last season is relevant. If we were spending £85m from a position where we finished in mid table comfortably then we’d expect more than spending £85m from a position of staying up on the last day of the season.

People bemoan the options off the bench but £85m doesn’t buy you very many players. The drop off in quality is going to be there until we’ve had a few more transfer windows of adding quality.

I think it is possible to look forwards while appreciating the position that we’re building from. To completely ignore what you’ve learnt about players from previous seasons would be detrimental to building on what we have.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think our game is now much less reliant on a typical ' striker ' than people realise.

Fully agree with this. We've got plenty in the team who are capable of scoring (seen it all season). There's no pressure to buy or loan a striker at this stage of our development IMO 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

Fully agree with this. We've got plenty in the team who are capable of scoring (seen it all season). There's no pressure to buy or loan a striker at this stage of our development IMO 

I think this is the key thing for me. We’re not in a position where there’s pressure to buy. If the right player is available at the right price then fine. Otherwise we can go with what we have and get those right players in when they’re available.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

I think this is the key thing for me. We’re not in a position where there’s pressure to buy. If the right player is available at the right price then fine. Otherwise we can go with what we have and get those right players in when they’re available.

Agree 100%.  Patience is important. Buying, for buyings sake is no longer necessary. Every player we buy now has to be better or at least equal to what we already have. 2 more summer transfer windows should really see us competing at the top.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Was blowing hard by the end of that match.

I can see the headlines:

Jizz comes off the bench and shoots villa to victory !

• Haha 1

If it IS true, then i hope to God the kid is an instant hit.

I can cope with the mickey taking if he scores 10,goals...but if he....er....."flops" then we'll get slaughtered by the rest of the country's footy fans !