Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Benteke being linked with a move to WBA... I'd hate to see that.

If we could get him on a short term deal until the summer I'd love to have him back, call me a sentimental fool but I think he would be a great short term option for us.

It shouldn't matter I guess, but given his past with us I'd be much more confident about him returning if us fans were allowed in. He's a confidence player and 40k fans singing his name would be great for the kid. 

1 hour ago, useless said:

Omar Richards also meant to highly rated as a young championship left back, has even been recently linked to Bayern Munich, can't say he stood out, but you could see that he was very comfortable on the ball.

Matthew Sorinola @ MK Dons has had an impressive breakthrough season so far and destined for bigger things if he continues as is. Both great shouts for long term Targett competition. 

9 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

If we could get him on a short term deal until the summer I'd love to have him back, call me a sentimental fool but I think he would be a great short term option for us.

I agree. Signing him doesn't mean we have to play him, but it does mean that we wouldn't have to play Davis if Watkins is unavailable.

If the option is sign Benteke or continue with what we've got it's a no brainer for me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

You are a sentimental fool. But so am I, I’d love to see him play for villa again, I definitely think he could offer us a different type of option - but I’d be worried it would tarnish his ‘villa legacy’ for me, he’s one of the former players who I unequivocally love based on his time here and I’d hate for anything to ruin that (told you I was a sentimental fool).

• Like 2

Didn't Benteke find a little form earlier in the season or am I imagining that?

Personally I'd love to see him back and therefore I too an a sentimental fool. Some were keen on the idea of Diego Costa, I think Benteke would be better for us.

Barcelona having some serious problems by the look of it, asking the banks to delay repayments.

May have to liquidate and sell to make ends meet, which mean we should snap one or two players up if theres opportunity to do so.

Sure some will say weve got no bloody chance of any of there players, however it can be done, Lange is magic and money talks and we have both. Add to that and theres a chance that we could make europe, players will want abit of europe as well and if they think theres a chance they could join us and help make that happen, there would be a very good chance at signing one or two from there.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

As much as I used to love Teke, others are right when I once said being him back here, hes not the player he once was with us and we should be looking for miles better than him.

Personally I think he will help seal there relegation if he goes there, itd be a mistake and palace are looking desperate to offside him to anyone who's willing to pay what they want for him. A desperate survival team would want that Teke, not sure if they can get anything from him though.

53 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Barcelona having some serious problems by the look of it, asking the banks to delay repayments.

May have to liquidate and sell to make ends meet, which mean we should snap one or two players up if theres opportunity to do so.

Sure some will say weve got no bloody chance of any of there players, however it can be done, Lange is magic and money talks and we have both. Add to that and theres a chance that we could make europe, players will want abit of europe as well and if they think theres a chance they could join us and help make that happen, there would be a very good chance at signing one or two from there.

Completely agree by the way, but do love the way this thread swings from discussing whether or not Benteke could still do a job for us and the suggestion that we should go snap up Messi.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

If it wasn't for social distancing I'd be convinced that Trent and Bobzy are sitting together in some West Bridgford enclave and taking it in turns to post Benteke love letters on these threads every flipping window!

I'd still like us to have a look at Rondon tbh.

He went to the Chinese club to partly play for Benitez again I reckon so now Rafa has left you'd think he'd be open to coming back to play in europe if he gets a decent offer and seems Chinese clubs might want to unload some of their expensive foreign players.

Aranutovic in same category but don't really think he'd be a good fit for our dressing room at all. Talented player but very all about him on the pitch.

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Didn't Benteke find a little form earlier in the season or am I imagining that?

Personally I'd love to see him back and therefore I too an a sentimental fool. Some were keen on the idea of Diego Costa, I think Benteke would be better for us.

He scored a couple v West Brom and a good goal in another game. Then was back to being awful v us, constantly caught offside was his only real contribution.

A few years back I'd have been up for it if we'd been promoted sooner as he was still decent up to early 2018 but it would tarnish things him coming back imo as he wouldn't give us the mobility Ollie does if we had to start him in games.

• Like 1

I wouldn't touch Benteke.

Firm believer of never going back. While there are exceptions Tekkers isn't one of them. Isn't the player he was. Lost pace after his injury, high wages and hasn't performed consistently for a long time. Textbook player to stay clear of.

We're done being a retirement home for aging has beens on high wages. We at least I hope we are. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, thabucks said:

Demerai Gray is reported to have a poor attitude to training hence Leicester’s apparently Will to let a highly talented player leave for free... It is weird how some players get and rep for their lifestyle choices and other don’t. It’s a fact Berkeley lived & loved the west London nightclub scene and isn’t the greatest mate in many ways for Jack. But yet. So many seem against Dele Ali for his poor attitude to training, based on a very edited documentary. He was fine under Poch who is a know hard taskmaster at training. My point is NO to Grey as I’ve heard he is a bad egg. 

This is something that's impressed me when it comes to our recruitment under Deano. The players seem to have their head screwed on and be proper people.