Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

7 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Get the Sanson deal sorted and then spend the rest of the window trying to bring in another forward. Maybe look at the loan market.

Sanson is sorted now right?? Just the final push of it all.

I'd buy Tammy would be an amazing striker to have with Watkins.

• Like 1

Just now, Dave-R said:

Tammy did love it at Villa and I have a feeling the lad regrets ever going back to Chelsea.

I don’t think he did... He made a name for himself with us and got given the opportunity to do it with the club he loves...

but Chelsea are going to Chelsea...

A soulless club who are only interested in “the next big thing”.

I wouldn’t be opposed whatsoever to Villa putting in a joint bid for Tammy and Ross to sign with us permanently.

That would be a statement of real intent 

2 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

I don’t think he did... He made a name for himself with us and got given the opportunity to do it with the club he loves...

but Chelsea are going to Chelsea...

A soulless club who are only interested in “the next big thing”.

I wouldn’t be opposed whatsoever to Villa putting in a joint bid for Tammy and Ross to sign with us permanently.

That would be a statement of real intent 

You always got the sense that Tammy felt at home with us, all the videos of him, Jack and McGinn, even the fifa videos where they were bashing it out together him and McGinn.

I've not seen nothing like that of Tammy at chelsea with the lads there and being made to be part of the family.

I'd love Tammy back at Villa he was excellent for us, I think hed up his career coming back to us as well, chelsea is a dead end for him and it's been a nightmare for him at times since he left us.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

You always got the sense that Tammy felt at home with us, all the videos of him, Jack and McGinn, even the fifa videos where they were bashing it out together him and McGinn.

I've not seen nothing like that of Tammy at chelsea with the lads there and being made to be part of the family.

I'd love Tammy back at Villa he was excellent for us, I think hed up his career coming back to us as well, chelsea is a dead end for him and it's been a nightmare for him at times since he left us.

The problem with clubs like Chelsea is, you have to win every game, else expectation kills the soul within the club.

some are now turning on Frank ,which is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Tammy did love it at Villa and I have a feeling the lad regrets ever going back to Chelsea.

i have literally no doubt that he has no regrets about going back o Chelsea, he may have liked his time at Villa, but lets not fool ourselves, he wanted to go back to chelsea to try and get in the first 11 etc.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

The problem with clubs like Chelsea is, you have to win every game, else expectation kills the soul within the club.

some are now turning on Frank ,which is ridiculous.

I agree, seem crazy to turn on Frank now hes there and because chelsea expect to do good there is no room for failure, they have to perform.

Though you look at the time we came up, Lampard and Bruce got an easy route into the premier and walked into the prem clubs they are now at, while Smith worked hard to get where he is now. I think our Owners have shown when things get tough they are willing to back Smith, however soon as things get bad for Lampard or Bruce, I think they will be out the door.

15 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i have literally no doubt that he has no regrets about going back o Chelsea, he may have liked his time at Villa, but lets not fool ourselves, he wanted to go back to chelsea to try and get in the first 11 etc.

Yes he did I do agree on that part he wanted to go back, but that doesnt mean he hasn't regretted it ever since his choice. Let's face it is hasn't been the prettiest picture for Tammy at chelsea, especially how they've treat him like shit over handing him a contract worthy of the hard work hes put in all while handing Odoi a nice one right???

Edited by Dave-R

9 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I agree, seem crazy to turn on Frank now hes there and because chelsea expect to do good there is no room for failure, they have to perform.

Though you look at the time we came up, Lampard and Bruce got an easy route into the premier and walked into the prem clubs they are now at, while Smith worked hard to get where he is now. I think our Owners have shown when things get tough they are willing to back Smith, however soon as things get bad for Lampard or Bruce, I think they will be out the door.

I think Steve Bruce is pretty much set in his ways and there is no room for progress, thats all behind him, now.....he is just making a living.

Frank and Dean are still learning, they have learning capacity, they will get better and their teams will get better as a result....they have more purposeful ambition.

Back to today :

However, make no mistake, Newcastle will make it difficult for us today.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

I agree... however, given the current circumstances?
If Villa were to table a bid... I reckon Tammy would definitely consider coming back on a permanent basis...

He knows us... The spine of the team that was here when he helped get us promoted is still here...

He would be like a duck to water... and I would put money on him putting the ball into the net enough times to put him into consideration for the England squad regularly

43 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

I agree... however, given the current circumstances?
If Villa were to table a bid... I reckon Tammy would definitely consider coming back on a permanent basis...

He knows us... The spine of the team that was here when he helped get us promoted is still here...

He would be like a duck to water... and I would put money on him putting the ball into the net enough times to put him into consideration for the England squad regularly

i wouldnt want him tbh, i think our next "first team" striker purchase needs to be a level or two above Abraham.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i wouldnt want him tbh, i think our next "first team" striker purchase needs to be a level or two above Abraham.

What is a level two above Abraham?  

A goal scoring Premiership striker for a top club is his current status

So a level up is what.....Kane, Mane or Salah?

Two levels up is Lewandowski, Messi or Ronaldo?  

Yes please!!!

Reaction GIF by moodman

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Totally agree. I don't believe he's a premium league first choice striker. He's a sub. Hopefully as a club we're looking for better.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Totally agree. I don't believe he's a premium league first choice striker. He's a sub. Hopefully as a club we're looking for better.

Mate my uncle is 44 and he plays as a false 9 in the Cornwall Ginsters premium league.

He sinks 8 pints after the game, I think Tammy could probably cut it there. 

50 minutes ago, nick76 said:

What is a level two above Abraham?  

A goal scoring Premiership striker for a top club is his current status

So a level up is what.....Kane, Mane or Salah?

Two levels up is Lewandowski, Messi or Ronaldo?  

Yes please!!!

Reaction GIF by moodman

I agree. Perhaps people see Tammy as limited at real top level and I wouldn't disagree given what he's produced at Chelsea last 12 months but reality is he's still a player who's scored plenty in premier league and a few in CL since he left us.

25 goals in prem and champions league in last 18 months so yes Nick you're right next level up is best strikers in the league and we aren't signing any of them.

Edit:

We're having a good season but let's remember we're 11th and we'll only move up to about 8th if we win tonight. Passing up on Tammy if that was realistic signing is acting like we're an established top 4 team which we're a long long way off currently.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

Would welcome Tammy back but hope we’ll go for Edouard in the summer. Celtic are in a right mess and he’ll only have 12 months left on his contract so should be a more reasonable price. 

Happy with either, but reckon Edouard might have a higher ceiling. 

• Like 1

To me everything within reason and common sense says it would be a better option to get Tammy in than Edouard. I'm not normally advocating going back in terms of ex players, but Tammy is proven at the PL level, and the championship. And being a top scorer for Celtic in Scotland means nowt to me. How many shite strikers have done that the last 30 years. 

You're also probably talking roughly the same price, so for me it's Tammy every day. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

To me everything within reason and common sense says it would be a better option to get Tammy in than Edouard. I'm not normally advocating going back in terms of ex players, but Tammy is proven at the PL level, and the championship. And being a top scorer for Celtic in Scotland means nowt to me. How many shite strikers have done that the last 30 years. 

You're also probably talking roughly the same price, so for me it's Tammy every day. 

Have to agree.

I think Tammy settled well at Villa, not sure he is ready to give up his ambitions with Chelsea yet but just like Barkley he is not a nailed on starter for Chelsea and needs more games if he wants to play more for England.

I'm sure Chelsea would also want 50 mil for him, far more than it would cost for Edouard who I think is a huge gamble but could sign for half the cost.

Edited by VillanousOne