Weekends Football 6/8 November

andykeenan

17 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Depends how you define "achieving" 

4th year in the PL now, highest finish is 15th, currently sat in 16th, they are very much a member of the happy to be here brigade, it'll be interesting to see how long it takes for the PL buzz to wear off for their fans, they're a nothing club going nowhere showing very little signs of progress, potter will be judged harsher than Houghton 

Long servers will remember them nearly going out of the league in 1997 and then playing at Whitdean on years on end so think their patience will last longer than at other clubs.

As I've said before Brighton are a big of an enigma to me. I'm not saying they should be fighting for top 6 but they've now won just 5 of their last 31 games and you'd say it's a strong squad than last season.

Not really convinced Potter is this genius manager, certainly considering last season the slagging off DS was getting compared to him.

They lack that go to match winner we have with Grealish, Palace with Zaha and Newcastle with Saint Maximn so all the team has to play really well if they want to win premier league matches.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

The ease they just continue with their best player out is impressive. I remember last season they were deciding to rest Ings for certain games like Chelsea away and they still came away with a 2-0 win.

They scout brilliantly too. Think of all the players they end up selling and just get on with it. Ralph is proving to be a top manager to be fair, great job he’s done there. 

They did lose their way a bit after Koeman left in 2016. Puel did exactly what he did at Leicester, o.k league position but played boring football which turned off fanbase then Pellegrino came in and flopped. Just two years ago Mark Hughes was managing them and predictably they were going nowhere.

In that period also spent about 70m on Guido Carrilo, Wes Hoedt, Elyonoussi, Boufal and Mario Lemina who all flopped.

What's most impressed me is they got in Hasenhuttl when they were actually in bottom 3 of the league mid season. In the past when that's happened we'd just appoint an average manager who could do short term impact for six months. Hasenhuttl was managing in the champions league the previous season.

31 minutes ago, PaulC said:

So if they loose this thats three in a row Everton have lost and should be 4 with the Liverpool game. 

Looks like Richarlison is a big miss for them. Out for three matches and they're on couse to lose them all.

Not the most composed in final third but he brings plenty with his mobility which allows space for others.

• Like 1

Play continued to carry on despite a clear offside and Maguire goes on to absolutely clatter Digne with what should be a red card and penalty.

Edited by sne

32 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Top 4 challengers to relegation material in a space of 2 weeks

Yep. That is the Everton i know.

Before you mentioned Everton I thought you were gonna say Leeds 😂

Â