England v Rep of Ireland/Belgium v England/England v Iceland

andykeenan

2 hours ago, useless said:

Bellingham is more of a traditional box-to-box central midfielder than either Maddison or Barkley, more of a like for like replacement for Ward-Prowse.

Yes but he plays a few games for Dortmund and he gets in the squad. We're meant to be building for the euros. Southgate is too rigid and compartmental. Everybody has to fit into a  certain role.  

25 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He's a 17 year old good enough to not just be signed by a team in the CL, but to start most games for them. Get used to seeing him in an England shirt. 

i think the fear is not the player or even his age. The donkey who will be managing him. Wouldnt be surprised to see him play a position he has never done before

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

i think the fear is not the player or even his age. The donkey who will be managing him. Wouldnt be surprised to see him play a position he has never done before

Yep, hard to see him starting in a 5-2-3 so it's as a sub as we go 5-3-2 and he ends up being asked to drift out wide

Can probably add him to the list of players who be asked to play wide left for the first time ever in his career over definitley a left winger and only a left winger grealish (who might come on for 10 minutes and be asked to play on the right) 

Either way when the current clown has gone and Bellingham fulfills his potential he's definitely getting a fair few caps 

Edited by villa4europe

56 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He's a 17 year old good enough to not just be signed by a team in the CL, but to start most games for them. Get used to seeing him in an England shirt. 

Fine if hes good enough hes old enough

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I fully expect him to get more game time than Jack. 

Could happen. Southgate seems to be extremely stubborn and will double down on his managing of Jack.

It feels a bit like Steve McLaren completely dropped Beckham from the England setup. It made no sense to anybody at all.

Edited by Genie

Great to see another Brummy get called up. Unlike Jack, who is still one of ours, playing for his brilliant home club, Jude left the small time joke of a team he started at and now plays for a proper club.

Good on him. I hope he does well for England. 

The fact remains that whatever Jude does for England has NOTHING to do with Blues and everything Jack does for his country, is as a Villa player. 

That's gotta hurt. Lol

Edited by One For The Road

5 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Great to see another Brummy get called up. Unlike Jack, who is still one of ours, playing for his brilliant home club, Jude left the small time joke of a team he started at and now plays for a proper club.

Good on him. I hope he does well for England. 

The fact remains that whatever Jude does for England has NOTHING to do with Blues and everything Jack does for his country, is as a Villa player. 

That's gotta hurt. Lol

He’s not a Brummie. 

Blues played a huge part in his development, so yes what he does for England does have something to do with them. 

I’m surprised he’s got the call up, but good for him. I hope he does well. Reading about him, it seems he was privately educated, very rare for someone with that background to get into football.

33 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’m surprised he’s got the call up, but good for him. I hope he does well. Reading about him, it seems he was privately educated, very rare for someone with that background to get into football.

his dad is a cop for west midlands, quite high up in the ranks, i spoke to some lads who know him and they said that jude's mom spends a lot of time in germany but because his dad has such a high ranking job he's sticking with it rather than retiring and moving out there, he's like 3rd or 4th in command or something close to that

the lads know him because he used to play for the same veterans team as me, its only the last couple of years in his mid to late 40s that he's stopped playing, played a lot of non league football, he's a big football man

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

He’s not a Brummie. 

Blues played a huge part in his development, so yes what he does for England does have something to do with them. 

Not a Brummie? Ok he was born in Stourbridge. I should have said I am pleased there's another West Midlander in the squad but I wasn't expecting to pulled up on such a small detail. 

Anyway, they are claiming him as one of theirs when in fact he isn't. He plays for Brussels Dortmund. Jack on the other hand is one of ours, and yet they continue to gush over Jude and slate Jack as if there's some sort of rivalry between the two. There is isn't.

Jude has nothing to do with that club anymore and that's a fact.

Him playing for England is because of what he is doing at Dormtund, not what he did for that rabble. 

Edited by One For The Road

32 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

“oUr JuDe Is So MuCh BeTtEr ThAn GrEaSy”

Get use to it, folks. 

Luckily I don't know any Dortmund fans so won't have to hear this

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Funny if we signed him when he wants to return to England 

The perfect heir to McGinn in 6 years time.

Edited by YouUnastanFren
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

I think I remember reading that Mings was privately educated.

he was but the point does stand, you don't get as many privately educated footballers as say rugby players, olympians etc. i think he went to school with a few of the current england rugby lads for example. probably to do with the scouting systems....rugby tend to focus on the private schools

Â