England v Rep of Ireland/Belgium v England/England v Iceland

andykeenan

6 minutes ago, Awol said:

Southgate now sucking off Grealish. We’re there. 4-2-3-1 with Jack at 10 between Rashford and Sterling. That’s it. That’s the team. 

Agreed. Compare what we saw tonight to this.

Pickford

TAA  Maguire  Ming's  Chilwell

Winks   Rice

Sterling     Jack       Rashford

Kane

Manager - New

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

Pickford

Winks   Rice

Kane

Manager - New

Winks Rice is a shit central 2 though.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

Pickford

Winks   Rice

Kane

Manager - New

I'd have Henderson or Phillips before Winks

I'd love to be able to shove it in the faces of all these new Grealish fans by saying you could have had him in the team for the last few years!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Ashley Cole - "Jack wasnt this player last season"

Dude, do u even watch football?!?

Literally this player as a boy 5 years ago

I'm about the 89th minute he ended up at LB clipped a ball over the top in to space, he did that 5 years ago vs I want to say Norwich and gabby ran on to it and scored a great goal, tonight it was Declan Rice in space and ended up in **** all... And by **** all I mean 15 seconds later grealish somehow popping up on edge of their box with the ball

Quaterback 

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Ashley Cole - "Jack wasnt this player last season"

Dude, do u even watch football?!?

Tbf, based on what he said pre match I think he meant that last season he was carrying a team on the cusp of relegation and he was the only one creating anything.  Now we’ve added quality around he’s showing fully what he’s capable of.  

• Like 1

In my lifetime of watching England very rarely do we ever actually look good and beat the elite teams of whatever that era is. And when we do it is extremely rare and memorable. Southgate just looks like a very long list of England managers who gets the job done versus the rubbish sides, and will lose to the first decent side in the summer tournaments. Same old, same old.

• Like 1

I think Phillips is becoming overrated on here, he isn't bad but he isn't much better than the likes of Winks and Rice, England's problem is having too many of those kind of midfieders that sit deep and keep it simple and not much in the way of energetic midfielders that get up and down the pitch, It's why I predicted weeks ago that Bellingham would get a call up, as he's one of the few in that mould that England have.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

I think Phillips is becoming overrated on here, he isn't bad but he isn't much better than the likes of Winks and Rice, England's problem is having too many of those kind of midfieders that sit deep and keep it simple and not much in the way of energetic midfielders that get up and down the pitch, It's why I predicted weeks ago that Bellingham would get a call up, as he's one of the few in that mould that England have.

Like I said before and during the game I think realistically Henderson is finished, he's not fit enough, he gets called up but plays maybe 50% I think hell walk away

As a pivot, ball playing DMC rice isn't good enough, great in the tackle but for a team with 50%+ possession no way should he be in the team

Winks is better than he looks, phillips will get there, Mount vs the shite in the qualifiers is perfectly good enough, chamberlain is so injured he's the forgotten man, Bellingham is the long term answer, Barkley imo only works in a 3

No 60% possession team plays Declan Rice 

Original comment - agree Phillips isn't resdy yet, he's paying him in the expectation that he will be which I agree with 

Edited by villa4europe

26 minutes ago, av1 said:

Pickford

Winks   Rice

Kane

Manager - New

Philips or Henderson over Winks for me and ditch Pickford, but yeah, that’s basically the best team England can put out - and it’s savage. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

Philips or Henderson over Winks for me and ditch Pickford, but yeah, that’s basically the best team England can put out - and it’s savage. 

Would rather have Mount as one of the two in midfield. 

46 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Literally this player as a boy 5 years ago

I'm about the 89th minute he ended up at LB clipped a ball over the top in to space, he did that 5 years ago vs I want to say Norwich and gabby ran on to it and scored a great goal, tonight it was Declan Rice in space and ended up in **** all... And by **** all I mean 15 seconds later grealish somehow popping up on edge of their box with the ball

Quaterback 

He's the quarter back who is also the best running back and the best wide receiver in the team

Was thinking it was fairly unanimous that Grealish had a good if not great game,  then I had a quick look on the sha forum because I knew they would be pissed about it and I wasn't disappointed😂😂😂😂

Where is the B6 England messiah??

Carragher: "That's when a Grealish is at         his best."
     Falling to ground like a little girl? Yeah, I         agree

De Bruyne is a different class to anyone          else on the pitch.
 Our most effective player tonight has been Saka, again, same as against Ireland

Another thread only about one villa player   rather than England.

There are quite a few on there though who are very complimentary about him,  mostly shot down though😁

•  

1 hour ago, useless said:

I disagree, Phillips is a fantastic player - get him further up the pitch doing the defensive/pass forward role closer to the attacking areas and we will win the ball back higher up. He should be a starter ahead of Rice.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

I disagree, Phillips is a fantastic player - get him further up the pitch doing the defensive/pass forward role closer to the attacking areas and we will win the ball back higher up. He should be a starter ahead of Rice.

I agree, I think Philips is slightly worse in the cover and tackling but miles ahead in the on the ball stuff

Rice is there as what do we need when we don't have the ball in a team who has a lot of the ball, he's a back foot team player for a team who are good enough to play on the front foot l, he's the epitome of England, what do we want to be, the answer shouldn't be Declan Rice 

• Like 2

Â