Football Manager 2021

Started a new game as Norwich. Started appalling, but some really good signings in January saw me pick up form. Ultimately I failed though finishing 7th 1 point off playoffs. 
Got sacked.

Immediately got offered the Brentford job as they’d finished 18th. Board only wanted me to build squad. I’ve never done so many transfers, didn’t like the team at all. Stripped it down and rebought. Plus added loans really well (all the London based prem clubs were really happy to loan to me as nearby). Finished 4th and won play offs. Villa who had been relegated romped the league only losing once (to me). They sold Grealish after getting promoted to Brighton for only £11m, after he rejected spurs in January - very odd. 

Into prem, made more signings. Somehow finished 11th and won the league cup. 

In my very first save, I got offered another job (Chelsea, when I was in charge of Villa, which I obviously rejected.) Surprised never had that since despite winning titles in other saves and then in this one succeeding.

Just finished my second season with Dortmund. Struggling to really get into it this year.

Won the league at a canter, losing twice all season and only drawing 3, so finished on 90 points with a +90 GD. Haaland got 37 league goals but 64 in all comps, he is an absolute machine. I play him up top with Isak, who got 36 in the league and 46 in all comps. Scored for fun.

Frustratingly made it to my first CL final with them after losing in the QF in my first season. Knocked out Arsenal, Chelsea and City to reach the final, and had to play Bayern. Had the upper hand in the league games against them, and finished miles ahead of them. Game finished 1-1, but we were well below par. ET comes around and Gnabry runs almost unchallenged for what seemed eternity and slotted it home. Lose 2-1 despite throwing the kitchen sink at them.

I put it down to my team being so young that they were a no show for the final, hopefully come back stronger next season. My players will be a year older and wiser next season. Got the likes of Tonali, Fati, Marcos Antonio (check him out if you’ve not seen him, he plays for Shakhtar), Eric Garcia, Szoboszlai, Aarons and Katterbach, alongside the usual Dortmund boys, JB, Gio Reyna and Sancho. All very young, so hopefully their mental stats can improve and we make it count next season. In hindsight maybe should’ve started the likes of Wiesel and Reus in the final. We go again!

On 04/01/2021 at 11:39, Milfner said:

So despite that horrible start, this somehow happened...

I’ve never had a season like it, let alone with a team with the smallest budget in the league and their first season after promotion. 

The summer transfer window was a total grind, I have two maybe three borderline starters for the prem. Played my first two games and lost to Everton and Spurs. My next two are United and Chelsea. Gonna be a long season, don’t think I’ll be surviving. 

0040FDF9-B75A-4192-9B10-530FE918234D.jpeg

The summer transfer window was a total grind, I have two maybe three borderline starters for the prem. Played my first two games and lost to Everton and Spurs. My next two are United and Chelsea. Gonna be a long season, don’t think I’ll be surviving. I got turned down by so many players in just ridiculous circumstances. Players wanting 80k a week off me to play in the Prem, but then accepting 15k to play in the championship. I get I have a very low reputation team, but that would simply not happen irl. Must've happen 5 or 6 times at least.

Third season. Somehow stayed up after just 7 points from my first 16 games. I think the world cup winter break saved me. 50 days off and no games where I would've probably lost about eight games. Managed to get two players in during January and that saved my season! Ended up on 44 points in the end, 37 points in 22 games is practically European form!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Just finished my second season with Dortmund. Struggling to really get into it this year.

Won the league at a canter, losing twice all season and only drawing 3, so finished on 90 points with a +90 GD. Haaland got 37 league goals but 64 in all comps, he is an absolute machine. I play him up top with Isak, who got 36 in the league and 46 in all comps. Scored for fun.

Frustratingly made it to my first CL final with them after losing in the QF in my first season. Knocked out Arsenal, Chelsea and City to reach the final, and had to play Bayern. Had the upper hand in the league games against them, and finished miles ahead of them. Game finished 1-1, but we were well below par. ET comes around and Gnabry runs almost unchallenged for what seemed eternity and slotted it home. Lose 2-1 despite throwing the kitchen sink at them.

I put it down to my team being so young that they were a no show for the final, hopefully come back stronger next season. My players will be a year older and wiser next season. Got the likes of Tonali, Fati, Marcos Antonio (check him out if you’ve not seen him, he plays for Shakhtar), Eric Garcia, Szoboszlai, Aarons and Katterbach, alongside the usual Dortmund boys, JB, Gio Reyna and Sancho. All very young, so hopefully their mental stats can improve and we make it count next season. In hindsight maybe should’ve started the likes of Wiesel and Reus in the final. We go again!

So, as has been building all season, PSG have come in for Haaland. He has 2 years in his deal. Point blank refused to enter discussions all season because of their interest. 

Bidding started at £95m. I negotiated to £170m up front and 15% sell on. They accepted straight away, wish I’d asked for more!. Tried persuading him to stay but not having any of it.

Not confirmed yet, but with Isak still there, Milik as back up, think I’ll take the money, buy Esposito and carry on!

Agreed the deal for Esposito, paying £30m up front and a further £19m in add ins and clauses. Confirmed it  

Continue game and Haaland rejects PSG. So now I have Haaland, Isak, Esposito, Milik and Kaio Jorge. Embarrassment of riches. Going to reject any other advances for Haaland and desperately try to get him to sign a new deal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 13/01/2021 at 21:15, villan-scott said:

Agreed the deal for Esposito, paying £30m up front and a further £19m in add ins and clauses. Confirmed it  

Continue game and Haaland rejects PSG. So now I have Haaland, Isak, Esposito, Milik and Kaio Jorge. Embarrassment of riches. Going to reject any other advances for Haaland and desperately try to get him to sign a new deal. 

PSG have disappeared with their interest now after Haaland bizarrely rejected the move, despite pining for it! Even after he rejected the move he wouldn’t sign a nee deal as he wanted to move to PSG. The move he just rejected. 

Then a few weeks later he dropped that he wanted to leave, and tied him down to a new 5y contract. Sorted. 

Sold Milik for £35m 12 months after signing him for free. Thanks for coming. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, villan-scott said:

PSG have disappeared with their interest now after Haaland bizarrely rejected the move, despite pining for it! Even after he rejected the move he wouldn’t sign a nee deal as he wanted to move to PSG. The move he just rejected. 

Then a few weeks later he dropped that he wanted to leave, and tied him down to a new 5y contract. Sorted. 

Sold Milik for £35m 12 months after signing him for free. Thanks for coming. 

Obviously on to a good thing at Dortmund.

Spurs offered £75m for Livakovic, which I accepted as only paid £14m for him 2 seasons ago. Agreed a deal for Donnarumma for £55m. Everything was agreed with Donnarumma, only had to confirm it and Livakovic rejected Spurs 🙈 so cancelled the GD deal. Shame as GD would have been better than DL and younger!

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â