Pre-match thread

One For The Road

I know its early for this but I feel we need to look forward.

If there's any game against the "big 6"* that we should be positive about, its this lot.

Perfect opportunity to get back on track and I fancy us for at least a point.

The atmosphere will suit them with no fans, but we have players that will hurt them on the break. 

2-2 and the blip is over.

*By big 6 I mean the 6 who don't have to pay watch games. (Unless they play Villa)

• Like 2

Yeah same mindset for me, we always seem more comfortable playing Arsenal than any of the regular top 6 teams as the space they leave between midfield and defence plays into our hands.

Should've beaten them twice last season.

We will need to defend much better though and limit the supply line to Aubameyang. If we do I think we can get a 1-1 out of this.

I'd go with a 4-4-2 diamond. Nakamba sitting with McGinn and Luiz either side and Jack at the tip go with Watkins and Trez/Davis up front. 

If it's not working we can stil go to a 4-3-3 with Watkins on the right and Jack left. 

• Like 1

We shouldn't go gung ho against them.

We'd play straight into Arteta's hands.

We have players up front that can hurt any team and there is no need for everyone to be bombing forward leaving huge gaps between the midfield and defence.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Be more patient, build from the back without the worldie pass attempts, dink and move, give good options, set traps, keep a good shape, BE BETTER OFF THE BALL AND TAKE BETTER THROW INS.

Would be tempted to try a 343.

Jab jab jab jab, behind the jab, Feint a right and land a big left then get behind the jab again, repeat but with a left feint this time and land underneath with the right uppercut then get behind the jab

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think we'll get a response from the players. I think they will go into this more like how we ended the last game and not how we started it.  I just wish Arsenal weren't the opposition. I think we lose, but I hope.  Aubameyang to do the damage.  I'm looking forward to getting a look at Partey as he seems to be the poodle's privates by all accounts.

5 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yes yes, we need to be ruthless dirty baastards

Once in the 17th tier of Sunday league football I was asked for the tactics that I think we should employ.

Didn't work so at half time after I was mocked ruthlessly (rightly so) I said we need to employ plan B. "Kick em".

• Haha 1