Match Thread: Villa v Southampton

limpid

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

His elbow? I’d be furious if that was given against us. 

I'm inclined to agree the VAR offside rules are too strict, but you are basically saying they shouldn't be consistent with it. And inconsistent VAR is the worst idea ever. If they intend to run that strict rules, it has to be flatly ruled every time, thus it was the correct call. 

1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

The rules are the same for everyone though, we've had it with Wesley's heel before. I'd have been more annoyed if that Southampton goal stood because allthough it's a fine margain it is offside. 

I’m glad we’re not behind... just think VAR is chod and chalking off perfectly good goals - for everyone. 

Just now, holteend1982 said:

The rules are the same for everyone though, we've had it with Wesley's heel before. I'd have been more annoyed if that Southampton goal stood because allthough it's a fine margain it is offside. 

It is far worse on this occasion because the part that was offside is a part of the body your can't touch the ball with.  Bizarre rule. Needs changing going forwards. I'm sure we'll suffer from the ruling much as we benefited from it now, let's quit while we're ahead

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Watkins playing very wide

Just an opinion, i think he's being asked go wide left, pull the defense a bit, receive from Jack and let Jack have the more middle path toward the goal. Jack can hit it, or pass it a bit further to Ross.   I could be wrong, but I think that's something we are trying.