• Barkley
    • Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Trézéguet (Traoré 29)
    • Elmohamady (Cash 67)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/11/20 at 23:59

Expected a loss but not good enough on the day even so. Trezeguet made a difference when he came on and can take some heart from the way we responded to going 4 down, probably should've made it a little more nervy for them with the chances we ended up creating.

Edited by icouldtelltheworld

Bit more luck for Trezeguet, or a bit more common sense at the back and we could have got something out of this. Southampton aren't a bad side, but it's 3 points dropped that were there for the taking.

I didn't think Martinez could do much at all, but the defence need to take a look at themselves. Centre mid were an embarrassment as well.

I want to see Trezeguet and Hourihane starting next time out. McGinn and Traore don't deserve to be starting. 

Watkins was anonymous, but I'm glad he got to take the penalty, hopefully we'll get  a bit more out of him over the next few games.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So basically we can't play against a press and if we concede first our heads drop and we collapse. I was fully expecting today to be tough, for whatever reason Saints batter us every season. Just disappointing giving away them cheap goals. 

Arsenal next isn't ideal. 4 wins in a row could quickly turn into 3 defeats in a row. 

• Like 3

It’s a loss but hopefully we can take some confidence from the late goals into the next game.

Mcginn poor

Luiz very quiet

Watkins very quiet 

Barkley poor

Mings, poor and lazy.

Not going to win many when half your team aren’t at it.

• Like 4

I really hope clawing back those goals doesn't mask an unbelievably poor half, and overall poor performance. I would drop Barkley to the bench personally, he needs to understand that he doesn't just get into the starting XI by default - he needs to work.

Trez changed the game with his workrate but it shows just how much the other players took their foot off the gas just like the last match. Need a serious kick up the arse.

Just as I think Smith is about to prove me wrong he kind of proves me right! Our midfield balance is awful. You play Luiz and either Barkley or McGinn with a proper box to box, physical midfielder. Why cannot he see the weakness!

• Like 2

Â