North vs South (...and the Midlands)

mjmooney

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Jeeez, the Isle of Man has surprised me more times in the past 10 hours than it’s ever done previously.

My only thought on it previously was “Hmmm, weird flag”.

Sounds like a pretty weird place.

Seems appropriate that it is neither North or South, but more just "out there".

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I’ve been doing a lot of driving around Woolwich, Isleworth, Barnet, Finchley, Harrow, Wembley.

I’d emphasise it was driving, not a single traffic jam, not once. Driving around London.

Then being able to park once I get where I’m going!

Happy days.

16 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Well I’ve been doing a lot of driving around Woolwich, Isleworth, Barnet, Finchley, Harrow, Wembley.

I’d emphasise it was driving, not a single traffic jam, not once. Driving around London.

Happy days.

Clapham Junction is pretty dead, except for one platform, which is really busy and being served up with services of 4 carriages making it impossible to socially distance.

Lives at stake and Southern still scrimping for their shareholders. F***ing scum.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Whatever you do, do not look up Barting on the Urban Dictionary, no, you do not want to do that.

You swine , you knew by posting that , that I would have to go and look

What The Fuck Wtf GIF

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Xann said:

Clapham Junction is pretty dead, except for one platform, which is really busy and being served up with services of 4 carriages making it impossible to socially distance.

Lives at stake and Southern still scrimping for their shareholders. F***ing scum.

Company policy for us at the moment, is that I am not allowed to use public transport.

So whilst I can drive, without being snarled up in traffic, then I’ll drive.

If / when driving becomes a ball ache then, we’ll make a decision on using trains and tubes. But the Clients are on warning there could be a period of time where it’s too much hassle to drive and we won’t get on a train.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Happy days.

Well thats very usual if your driving at midnight 😉

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Well thats very usual if your driving at midnight 😉

It’s all times of day and night tbh.

Last couple of trips in to Finchley have been 9:00am and I’ve just driven in to the area and parked at the tube station open car park no probs.

Isleworth, got there lunchtime and street parked directly outside the property I was visiting.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Speaking of urban dictionary - i think bicks and mrs bicks have been participating in some tarmacking exercises  during lockdown

Sorry, oop north we still have cobbles. Tarmac hasn't made it past Cheshire yet

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Great you made me curious and now i wish i never bothered 🤮

8 hours ago, bickster said:

Whatever you do, do not look up Barting on the Urban Dictionary, no, you do not want to do that.

I’ve still resisted googling this but been very close to doing so several times. My interest is now wained completely Although I’m having a few beers tonight so will probably forget

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

I’ve still resisted googling this but been very close to doing so several times. My interest is now wained completely Although I’m having a few beers tonight so will probably forget

It is definitely "Southern" behaviour

Â