FCG Meeting with Christian Purslow - 27/10/2020

OutByEaster?

6 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

What's the uploading photos bit?

The club have asked for season ticket holders to upload a photo - so that during the period of Covid restriction the club can identify everyone that is in the ground if necessary for track & trace.

15 quid a game is alot of money I hope a review of this should bring it all into light how bad this is for the fans. That's 570 pound to watch all the premier league games for your club a season that if they were televised. The whole reason it should be that much or abit more for season tickets is because you get the whole experience outside with your favourite club, should never be that much to sit at home on TV. Even when the price is shared by thousands across the board by all those sitting at home in harsh times like this the premier league should be more caring in that sense.

I think a fair price would be a straight up fiver a game, I would pay this, but no way am I paying any more than five pound per game, I'd sooner watch the whole crappy experience on Streams that break down every so many minutes. Somewhere they have to find a common ground with fans, obviously they cant do it for free. Yet they shouldnt be ripping people off, they need to offer good uninterupted viewing at decent prices for the whole of that 90 mins you wa t to watch your favourite clubs in action. As I said I'd rather find a stream for that price, but if they brought the price closer to my reasoning I would pay for the experience to watch in better quality.

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing the notes. The accessibility point is a interesting one, even thought at present we can't go and watch games at Villa Park. I have read that Old Trafford has brought in more disability spaces, with a overall net reduction in seating capacity. Is this a legal requirement by a specific time scale like the Taylor Report? I remember several years ago probably under Dr Tony the plan was to take seats out of the lower north and put in more disabled seating. Will this happen?

On 31/10/2020 at 18:35, Dave-R said:

15 quid a game is alot of money I hope a review of this should bring it all into light how bad this is for the fans. That's 570 pound to watch all the premier league games for your club a season that if they were televised. The whole reason it should be that much or abit more for season tickets is because you get the whole experience outside with your favourite club, should never be that much to sit at home on TV. Even when the price is shared by thousands across the board by all those sitting at home in harsh times like this the premier league should be more caring in that sense.

I think a fair price would be a straight up fiver a game, I would pay this, but no way am I paying any more than five pound per game, I'd sooner watch the whole crappy experience on Streams that break down every so many minutes. Somewhere they have to find a common ground with fans, obviously they cant do it for free. Yet they shouldnt be ripping people off, they need to offer good uninterupted viewing at decent prices for the whole of that 90 mins you wa t to watch your favourite clubs in action. As I said I'd rather find a stream for that price, but if they brought the price closer to my reasoning I would pay for the experience to watch in better quality.

Good post.

Optus members who have a certain contract (standard $40 per month) with them get access to every Premier League game streamed in HD for $140AUD annually.

You get all Champions League, Europa League, Euro's matches on the plan as well. Every single game. As long as you pay your phone and internet bill, each game is a few $AUD.

Club's might not bring in the millions per week they would normally through ticket revenue but they also don't have the expenditures of hosting tens of thousands of people either.

• Like 1

On 30/10/2020 at 20:47, Stratvillan said:

Cheers, when was this. I've heard nothing.

On 30/10/2020 at 22:32, OutByEaster? said:

The club sent out emails and stuff - I think it's also on the official site. If you can't see anything, let me know.

Yeah the Aston Villa Customer service twitter thing tweeted it a couple of weeks ago.

I tweeted them and asked why they need photos of fans for track and trace when no other venues, as far as I know, require that. I didn't get an answer.

I still don't see why it's necessary and it makes me quite uncomfortable to be honest

39 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah the Aston Villa Customer service twitter thing tweeted it a couple of weeks ago.

I tweeted them and asked why they need photos of fans for track and trace when no other venues, as far as I know, require that. I didn't get an answer.

I still don't see why it's necessary and it makes me quite uncomfortable to be honest

me too and i'll be holding purslow to his above quote of "There are no plans to extend using photographs beyond this specific requirement as part of returning supporters to watch games at Villa Park."

• Like 1

On 04/11/2020 at 10:37, A'Villan said:

Good post.

Optus members who have a certain contract (standard $40 per month) with them get access to every Premier League game streamed in HD for $140AUD annually.

You get all Champions League, Europa League, Euro's matches on the plan as well. Every single game. As long as you pay your phone and internet bill, each game is a few $AUD.

Club's might not bring in the millions per week they would normally through ticket revenue but they also don't have the expenditures of hosting tens of thousands of people either.

If they lowered there prices to at least half, many more would buy into it all. I used to play these phone games and the one thing that always did my head in was the price they set there packages at. When you start setting high prices your alienating a massive percentage of potential customers. You will always get those fans that regardless of what price even if a quid wouldnt pay it, but there are those fans who pay the price if they were reasonable. Just like I used to say for phone games to the devs, bring your prices down and reach more people because you sell more packages. But as with most things these days,over price and leave the rest out and show no care to those who are missing out.

On 04/11/2020 at 10:51, Stevo985 said:

Cheers gentlemen, if work ever calms down I'll phone the ticket office. I'm missing out on a lot of these notifications. That's why this forum is so useful. 

That and my requests for a sainthood for conor hourihane!

• Like 2

Â