BOF

Which of the 4 is coming up?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the 4 is coming up?

• Hull City
    • Bristol City
    • Crystal Palace
    • Watford

Relegation places sorted for next season already. West Brom, Stoke and Hull.
Tenner says you are wrong, loser pays up to the "stop the VT server melting down fund"

Relegation places sorted for next season already. West Brom, Stoke and Hull.

:D

One of them will stay up imo, could well be Stoke...

No chance in my opinion. The only team of the three that have been promoted to have a chance of surviving are the Baggies, and even they'll need to spend a lot of money.

Stoke and Hull just won't have the funds. Both need to invest quite heavily really, but they won't have the money. The gulf between the Championship and Premiership is massive! Then you've got the issue of attracting the quality of player they need to stay up, and they just can't do it. It's just so difficult from teams that make the jump. Do they take the gamble and throw money about, or not. It goes wrong and they'll be left in a mess. Thats why the Baggies are such a yoyo club, they never spend big when they get promoted, meaning they'll always get relegated, but always be well placed to return at the first time of asking because they manage to keep their players together who may not make the cut in the Prem, but do a good job in the Championship. It's a tough call.

Superb goal to win it and they defended brilliantly. They were on the ropes for a while. Championship teams who can defend tend to do better in the Premier League than teams who came up with a reputation for forward play. I'd like to see Hull do well but it'll (obviously) be tough. They do have some Premier League quality players though and they're more ready than Derby ever were.

I see the poll was quite revealing too :P

The two form sides going into the playoffs were Hull and Palace, so im not surprised one of those went up. Im quite surprised that it wasnt a Hull - Palace final, but i do think that Palace will be kicking themselves they didnt make it. They were much the better side when they played Bristol in the semi.

They do have some Premier League quality players though

Who?

Nick Barmby?

:lol:

Myhill, Campbell (who they will no doubt buy now), Marney, Barmby-ish.... and that defence looked very good so I'm sure there's 1 or 2 in there that I'm not familiar with. They're definitely a step up from Derby and will at least be in the mix.

good on Hull getting up but they will go down again, their best forward is on loan from Man Ure and they really rate him and the other one is 40

the problem all promoted clubs have is the lack of goal scorers and look how much a standard one costs

next season two places already revealed

19th stoke

20th hull

the last one will be between fulham, bolton, boro, west broma nd sunderland

congrtaulations hull, but you will be next seasons derby

Not picking on you, you just made interesting points that warranted a response :P The following comes with an 'IMHO' attached.

Sunderland will suffer from second season syndrome

Totally disagree. Sunderland are creating something big and are going nowhere but up. How far up is open to debate, but they sure aint going down.

Bolton and Fulham will be down there again.

Fulham yes, Bolton not sure. I think Bolton will be helped by the promoted teams being weak and I think Megson's fire-fight is done. They should be OK. Bottom half yes, but OK nonetheless.

Wigan and West Brom won't be too far off. Hopefully Newcastle won't either!

I think it's between WBA & Fulham to sneak 17th. I think Wigan will be very OK. That's a good team IF IF IF they can keep hold of their best players. Their first 11 is almost too good to be called 'Wigan' and their players are being sniffed around. I think Newcastle will be top half.

Makes their summer easy though Ian. "Who do we need", "3 strikers", "OK". Their defence is sorted. Their midfield is decent. They just need strikers and they'll be midtable handy enough.

Well it's a moot point now because they are in the top flight, but it seems the whole "Biggest city in Europe never to have top flight football" was b*ll*cks to start with as evidenced here. Oh well :)

Â