Jump to content
  • 0

Can’t access Off Topic on Chrome IOS


avfcDJ
Go to solution Solved by bickster,

Question

I am logged in on the most recent version of Chrome on the IOS. When I click to load Off Topic it gets stuck as a white page.

I have tried this on Incognito and I can access OT.

I have also logged out and removed all data on Chrome.

Link to post

17 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1
  • Solution

I've now recreated the issue and to solve it, I have to go to another forum, change back to condensed view in that forum and then OT works again.

My conclusion is that expanded view in Off Topic is what is fubarred

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
Just now, avfcDJ said:

I am logged in on the most recent version of Chrome on the IOS. When I click to load Off Topic it gets stuck as a white page.

I have tried this on Incognito and I can access OT.

I have also logged out and removed all data on Chrome.

If it's working in incognito then I'm afraid it's a problem at your end. Something in your chrome profile is messing with it.

I don't know what you mean by "removed all data". Did you go to History >> Clear browsing data?

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
23 minutes ago, limpid said:

If it's working in incognito then I'm afraid it's a problem at your end. Something in your chrome profile is messing with it.

I don't know what you mean by "removed all data". Did you go to History >> Clear browsing data?

I just reset the app on my phone. Could it be an advert that only shows in Ot?

Link to post
  • 0
14 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

I just reset the app on my phone. Could it be an advert that only shows in Ot?

There aren't any adverts for posters.

Link to post

  • 0

When I log in on incog I can’t access off Topic, but I can when I’m not.

On main Chrome I can access OT when logged out.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
  • 0
12 minutes ago, limpid said:

Anyone else seeing this?

Did a test on chrome  and Firefox android and it works here in incognito

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0
2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Just now got this (trying to access Off Topic). Yet I can get into this Site Issues thread. 

I don't think this is related as you have a different error. Did it happen once and did it work "after a few minutes"?

Link to post
  • 0
21 hours ago, limpid said:

I don't think this is related as you have a different error. Did it happen once and did it work "after a few minutes"?

Yep. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post

  • 0

Its just happened to me in Firefox but I know what I did. I clicked on the expanded view button for the off topic forum and the whole of Off Topic now loads as a blank page

Loads as normal in condensed view in Chrome

Cleared cache and cookies from FIrefox, still the same.

In this forum I can change between condensed and expanded view no problem

The issue appears to be specifically with expanded view in Off Topic

Windohs 10 in case you need that (Work machine at home)

Link to post
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â