Weekends Football 23/25 October

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

What’s Liverpool’s form since they wrapped up the title? It can’t be great.

I’ve done this quickly in my head but since their game with Man City on 2nd July (title was secured on the 26th June when man city lost to Chelsea. 

they finished last season 

W 4      D 1       L 2

this season (at time of typing)

W 3      D 1       L 2 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Its too early to be concerned about positions in the table anyway. 

Although at the bottom, the teams we expected to struggle are starting to get cut adrift already

Burnley, Sheff Utd (at the moment) and Fulham on 1 point, Baggies on 2, Brighton on 4, then Man Utd on 7! 

• Like 1

Liverpool beating Sheffield United is a good result for us. Keeps us 11 points clear of Sheff U and obviously we are never going to be finishing anywhere near Liverpool so this works for us. 

Could do without teams like West Ham and Sheffield United taking points off the top sides as its the mid table sides we need to finish above.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, useless said:

Not sure what's going on with that Ajax scoreline, before today VVV-Venlo had played five, drawn two, lost two, and won, the two they lost they only lost by one goal, I think they're midtable in Eredivisie.

VVV's goal is, has and always will be to simply survive in the Eredivisie as long as possible.  I mean, conceding 13 smarts but you could park a planet in the gap between Ajax and VVV.  Missing Thorsten Kirschbaum in the sticks is possibly even more of a recipe for disaster then going down to 10 men as a) Kirschbaum's a very handy goalie for that level, could easily be at a better club and b) I'm fairly confident I'm a better goalie than Delano van Crooij, and I'm saying that with only a dash of hyperbole.  We're a long way away from the halcyon days of Keisuke Honda.  In a perverse way, this sort of result will probably wind up raising Venlo's global profile a bit.

At the end of the day, Venlo's one record shop pisses over all of Amsterdam's from a mighty height, and isn't that what it's all about? :D

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â