Match Thread: Villa v Leeds

limpid

So were already asking questions of Watkins and Traore now, let's face it the whole team hasnt shown up but at Villa Park, seriously.

I think that puts to bed the whole do our players play better with or without a crowd, right??

Edited by Dave-R

Just now, romavillan said:

Amazing how quick one defeat and everything is shit

Did you have difficulties reading all that, or just not want to? I never said everything is shit, I said tonight has been a disaster for us.

I take it you're delighted with what you're seeing out there.

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Jack has been 'poor' but still could have had a few. 

Same as most of last season, grealish has been poor because the midfield can’t get on the ball and offer nothing meaning thy can cut him out of the game

Just now, The_Steve said:

The game was a lot more even before the first goal. No excuses for the second or third goals, for as well as he took them, afforded way too much space.

we absolutely fell apart after the first goal. looked pretty even up until that point, but then it's been all Leeds. we must learn from this. you can't go one down and completely capitulate like we've done here.

3 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Great start to the season. Look, sometimes.....very occasionally, granted....we have to be able to hook Grealish. Leeds have had him in their pocket, he’s been put off and dithered far too much this evening. Sometimes Dean has to show he can be subbed

Nah they should have changed two of the central midfielders

• Like 1

Bad day at office. Really bad day but we weren't going through season unbeaten. Interesting to see what mentality of team is to bounce back from this and I am sure they will. 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Same as most of last season, grealish has been poor because the midfield can’t get on the ball and offer nothing meaning thy can cut him out of the game

He's part of the problem in a way.  Dallas has been playing 1-2's and surging past him pretty much all game - Grealish hasn't stayed with him at all.

Just now, osmark86 said:

we absolutely fell apart after the first goal. looked pretty even up until that point, but then it's been all Leeds. we must learn from this. you can't go one down and completely capitulate like we've done here.

100%. Not going to say there aren't lessons to draw from this, there are. But we can take some positives. This game won't define the season but we are still a much stronger team than months ago. Reality check indeed.

• Like 1

How we bounce back is going to show us where we are and how we move forward. We need to look at this as a case of hurting the next team not mimic Deano's previous record of runs of wins then runs of deceats