Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Leeds

limpid

Match Polls  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/10/20 at 23:59

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That was a dean Smith performance pre lockdown. I dont mind losing but in that fashion against that level of opposition  is not good enough. 

We gave up. Didnt press didnt do any good with the ball. Basic shit league one mistakes. Cant even say we were tired. We were **** pathetic and they should be ashamed of that performance. 

I disagree, they forced the outcome, they wanted it more and beat us fair and square. We have not shown anything like that intensity in any of the games we've played so far. We have played very well, but we haven't been as aggressive as Leeds were tonight. They were just different class.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I see a few saying this and I could not disagree more. 

We didn't create a whole lot.

Struggled wide.

Struggled between defence and midfield.

Some poor defending. 

Had some poor finishing.

It was a straight up poor performance. Hugely disappointing. 

In the direct period before I was talking about, Grealish had a great run where he could have scored and possibly should have set up Watkins to score. Then Konsa hit a great chance at the keeper. First half Jack had one cleared off the line. “Didn’t create a whole lot”? Do me a favour, that’s three big chances at least...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

I’ve sympathy with both Smith and Jack

Weve massively improved the First XI but have nothing on the bench (Traore excepted) that can be a game changer - hopefully next summers transfer window will address that

That’s Jacks style and when it doesn’t come off it’s easy to aim criticism - Last season that exact style created the second most chances in Europe

Sorry, but I find it unnacceptable when Watkins is in a position where he practically has a tap in to make, and that is what you choose to do.

Showing off your skill is great, but it's points which matter.

This isn't the first, 2nd, 3rd or 4th time i've seen it this season either.

There was another standout incident where Targett laid it off and burst forward into a space on the left.

Jack then decided to faff about with it a bit , ended up in the middle then passing backwards.

And the reality is, these are probably the things the likes of Southgate, and his detractors see and say he isn't "ready " to be part of a drilled "system" team yet.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

God its amazing how a few villa wins can make the world seem such a better place. When they play like tonight you realised how depressed you really are and how unfulfilling life is.. its like taking the Red pill in the matrix. Already pissed off at the thought of going to work next week and the weekend aint even began. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

100%. Look if a exeeds player said we were wernt all that their would uproar here and rightly so.

Gabby made himself look like a absolute dick. Why choose a few days before our game to come out with these stupod comments?

Gabby’s dead in my eyes: average at best, over rated due to his academy status and the reflective glow of the brief MON era -  If we had Defoe instead we would have been Champions. His attitude and poisonous behaviour is the main reason we got relegated. No way would Grealish turn up a stone overweight and rail against the coach/management at the expense of the Club. His current embarrassing Talkshite waffle is a guilty attempt at currying favour with the knuckle dragging faction of our support.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chappy said:

In the direct period before I was talking about, Grealish had a great run where he could have scored and possibly should have set up Watkins to score. Then Konsa hit a great chance at the keeper. First half Jack had one cleared off the line. “Didn’t create a whole lot”? Do me a favour, that’s three big chances at least...

Compared to Leeds no we created barely anything.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sorry, but I find it unnacceptable when Watkins is in a position where he practically has a tap in to make, and that is what you choose to do.

He looked up and saw Ollie wide open. There's no excuse. As great as the run was, this isn't Rotherham we are playing.

• Thanks 1

Midfield was a mess tonight for whatever reasons, but no doubt every premier league club will have noted the weaknesses shown and will react accordingly, time for the coaching staff to step up and solve the problems that are inevitably coming our way in upcoming fixtures 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

It is disappointing, but i'll take 4 wins out of 5 and be second in the league. Haven't we still got the best defence?! 

We were never going to win the league so this season is about improving on last season and growing as a team. 

Just rather we hadn't lost to Leeds but credit to them, they deserved it and Bamford took his goals well

The calm amongst the storm. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Gabby’s dead in my eyes: average at best, over rated due to his academy status and the reflective glow of the brief MON era -  If we had Defoe instead we would have been Champions. His attitude and poisonous behaviour is the main reason we got relegated. No way would Grealish turn up a stone overweight and rail against the coach/management at the expense of the Club. His current embarrassing Talkshite waffle is a guilty attempt at currying favour with the knuckle dragging faction of our support.

His stuff about Garde (who wasn't the man for the job) came off as xenophobic in my eyes. Gabby is just trying to rewrite his own failures and awful attitude in his twilight years. Only ever turned up against SHA. Pathetic. I have no time for him. He's just basking in the glory of Talksport which is just clickbait rubbish.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

We lost to a better team simple as , we were on until they scored, I suppose we could make all sorts of excuses like Liverpool did when we beat them?

This is pretty key I think - everybody please bear in mind at all times that whatever happens you will never be Graham Souness saying that some grass being long caused Liverpool to concede seven goals

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, chappy said:

Agreed. Branford’s 2nd and 3rd were hardly chances, you have to credit him for great finishes from basically nothing other than being in a dangerous position.

8 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

Playing Sunday then Friday did us no favours half our team looked completely knackered in the second half, no intensity, poor positioning.

We stopped defending as a team in the last 45 mins.

Leeds's played Monday and Friday, so not sure we can use that as an excuse.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

There was another standout incident where Targett laid it off and burst forward into a space on the left.

Jack then decided to faff about with it a bit , ended up in the middle then passing backwards.

And the reality is, these are probably the things the likes of Southgate, and his detractors see and say he isn't "ready " to be part of a drilled "system" team yet.

And yet created the second most chances in European football last season - go figure!

We’re like a faberge egg, exquisite crust but very thin and nothing behind it. SJM & Barkley both well off the pace tonight, McGinn knackered from the internationals and looks like Barkley still off the pace with his knee. Mings has a bad game, thought Cash was great but not enough support from Trez. Didn’t even notice Traoré when he came on.

9 days to rest and rethink, maybe digest a little humility pie (Mr Grealish) and go again, hard work and application from here on in. 12 from 15 is brilliant. UTV.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

His stuff about Garde (who wasn't the man for the job) came off as xenophobic in my eyes. Gabby is just trying to rewrite his own failures and awful attitude in his twilight years. Only ever turned up against SHA. Pathetic. I have no time for him. He's just basking in the glory of Talksport which is just clickbait rubbish.

Agree whole heartedly, he is an jingoistic embarrassment for the club at the moment. Him and talksport are a marriage made in heaven, it’s wrecking ball, reaction hungry brain dead journalism, but he thinks he’s doing a great job, especially when they pat him on the head after the show and say ‘well done son’.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

Despite some awful individual mistakes, we actually still looked very good starting the break on the counter.   Unfortunately, we're still pretty crap at finishing counterattacking moves.   If we were better at that we could easily have been a couple goals up by the time Leeds scored.

• Like 1

Â