Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Leeds

limpid

Match Polls  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/10/20 at 23:59

Positives:

Bamford in my FPL team.

12 points from 5 

2nd in the League

Negatives:

- Blown out the water with workrate and tactical nous

- Deano not proactive enough ( A problem I have with him alot )

- Jack needs to be told to sometimes just make the simple pass or shot. Often time turns a promising move and clear cut chance, into an absolute waste. ( Even the ones he literally creates himself ). If I were Ollie and a couple others, i'd be pissed. He only actually started trying to free them, when the game was already lost, and they weren't even in as good of a position. ESPECIALLY against opposition like this.

- Leeds United covered 10 km more ground than us , and were superior in every department according to the stats. Sprints, possession, passing accuracy etc.

Reality check perhaps, but overrall still reasons to be cheerful.

I really hope we have learnt some difficult lessons there, that was not good enough.

Also hoping it doesn't dent the confidence and we brush it off and improve.

We will let Leeds have that, as their "revenge"  for the last match,

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Well, Bamford wrote our team talk 2 years ago and the media spunkfest added a nice appendix to it.

Not really as it was 2 years ago compared to about 3 days ago, not to mention that only 3 of the players that played tonight played in that game, most wouldn't give a shit about what happened before they joined.

Edit - Just to add, if anything it would've been Leeds that were more motivated by that game, as they felt more aggrieved by the game than us.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You dont think we were pathetic ? We were DREADFUL. This was just like the Leicester away game pre lockdown. In fact this was even worse because leicester are better than us.

They threw the towel in. Didnt do any of the basics right. No pressing poor passing defending so poor. Then in final 3rd the decsion making was so bad.

Yeah we were pathetic  tonight in my opinion 

We were arrogant and expectant because of our good start so I hope this is a wake up. We were slow and ponderous, and didn’t stretch the game when we were capable of it. Our midfield needs another dimension, a plan B, but Jack was too ambitious and blinkered, McGinn not at his best and Barkley off the pace. We let them have far too many shots and should have been more respectful.

Their goals were lucky but you create your luck at this level, our two clearances were unlucky but on balance we deserved to lose.

Biggest downside, 3 goal capitulation, let’s hope its not damaging and we bounce back with a reaction against Southampton.

• Like 3

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Positives:

Bamford in my FPL team.

12 points from 5 

2nd in the League

Negatives:

Blown out the water with workrate and tactical nous

Deano not proactive enough ( A problem I have with him alot )

Jack needs to be told to sometimes just make the simple pass or shot. Often time turns a promising move and clear cut chance, into an absolute waste. ( Even the ones he literally creates himself ). If I were Ollie and a couple others, i'd be pissed. He only actually started trying to free them, when the game was already lost, and they weren't even in as good of a position.

Leeds United covered 10 km more ground than us , and were superior in every department according to the stats. Sprints, possession, passing accuracy etc.

Reality check perhaps, but overrall still reasons to be cheerful.

I really hope we have learnt some difficult lessons there, that was not good enough.

Also hoping it doesn't dent the confidence and we brush it off and improve.

We will let Leeds have that, as their "revenge"  for the last match,

I agree about that comment about grealish. His play can be frustrating at times. He tries to take on 4 -5 players instead of using his team mates. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

100%. Look if a exeeds player said we were wernt all that their would uproar here and rightly so.

Gabby made himself look like a absolute dick. Why choose a few days before our game to come out with these stupod comments?

It's Gabby, IQ was never a thing with him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

100%. Look if a exeeds player said we were wernt all that their would uproar here and rightly so.

Gabby made himself look like a absolute dick. Why choose a few days before our game to come out with these stupod comments?

Gabby has always been very selfish. His pathetic rebrand in the media as 'Mr Aston Villa' isn't helping.

• Like 2

Jack should have passed to give Ollie a great chance rather than shoot himself but it was a great run .

bielsa did a number on us - 2nd half was unacceptable and we need to learn from it , mings very poor tonight and hard to pick a man of match . 

• Thanks 1

Gabby has always been very selfish. His pathetic rebrand in the media as 'Mr Aston Villa' isn't helping.

Let's not go too crazy.

Remember Klopp's first 2 seasons or see Chelski and Manure right now. Consistency is special when it happens because it is so difficult to achieve. Need to bounce back against a tricky and equally inconsistent Southampton.

12 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Gabby was just having a laff and bantering a bit. It's not like he caused us to lose ffs :D

Why do it though?, bantering it’s just a Laff but I’ve no doubt the Leeds team were made aware of it and would have responded accordingly, he played a part in motivating the Leeds team and made it more difficult for ours, he was a good player for a while he caused us problems in his latter games, he should keep his f*****g mouth shut now and let the current team get on with it.

• Like 1

The team had gone mentally by the point they were 2—0 down and starting to rack up daft bookings. Grealish almost scored a Maradona goal but made poor decisions most of the rest of the night. It was one of them.

Bit worried about Watkins' confidence, and the full-back situation generally. I think nobody wanted to be the one saying there were signs of Cash being vulnerable at Leicester after how good the final result was, but that vaguely erotic slow-motion de-pantsing of Harvey Barnes did feel a bit ominous.

I dunno if this can be a catalyst for a bit of a reset now that the 100% record and any feverishly-imagined push for the European places are gone. Its going to be a weird season and fatigue, injuries and probably Covid outbreaks will cause a few more mad seesaw runs of form for a lot of teams. Our run to Christmas has more winnable games than not and I hope there's at least enough of a mentality in the camp to have us feeling optimistic compared to last season by Christmas

We'll uh, probably still be in the top 4 next week?

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Negatives:

- Deano not proactive enough ( A problem I have with him alot )

- Jack needs to be told to sometimes just make the simple pass or shot. Often time turns a promising move and clear cut chance, into an absolute waste. ( Even the ones he literally creates himself ). If I were Ollie and a couple others, i'd be pissed. He only actually started trying to free them, when the game was already lost, and they weren't even in as good of a position. ESPECIALLY against opposition like this.

I’ve sympathy with both Smith and Jack

Weve massively improved the First XI but have nothing on the bench (Traore excepted) that can be a game changer - hopefully next summers transfer window will address that

That’s Jacks style and when it doesn’t come off it’s easy to aim criticism - Last season that exact style created the second most chances in Europe

• Like 1

Just goes to show what I've been bleating on about with regards to fitness and intensity for a while. Every player at the club has to have the same level of fitness strength and intensity as the Leeds lot. That way we can make changes to the likes of Barkley who was clearly unfit today. 

I think the performance rather than the result is the most concerning thing. You can lose any game in this league but you have to at least take the game to your opponents, we didn't even lay a glove on them. 12 shots to their 27, they bossed possession too, completely deserved to win. We couldn't even string two passes together the whole game. 

We've started the season well but that game was a huge wake up call. I'll be worried if we perform the same against Southampton. 

Â