Weekends Football 16/18 October

andykeenan

Just now, PieFacE said:

To be fair, I think that's the only VAR decision I've disagreed with all season so far. Strange one.

Not stepping in and giving a red on Pickford surely also a massive error? VAR can still change that call even if it's when the whistle is blown but didn't.

Just now, sne said:

Not stepping in and giving a red on Pickford surely also a massive error? VAR can still change that call even if it's when the whistle is blown but didn't.

If Pickford had ran over and punched Van Dijk would it also not be punishable because he was offside?

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

If Pickford had ran over and punched Van Dijk would it also not be punishable because he was offside?

According to the rules the ref can punish the players for stuff that happens when the game is stopped and in situations like this one so apparently VAR didn't think there was anything wrong with that tackle.

1 minute ago, sne said:

I think the challenge is a red card. Looked incredibly dangerous. For whatever reason those type of scissor challenges seem to go unpunished, i'm not sure if it's something in the rules or just a failure of all officials. 

• Like 1

Â