Weekends Football 16/18 October

andykeenan

United are the masters of buying “soft” penalties. There’s no way that contact knocked him to the floor but any contact and they are straight down. It’s getting a bit of a joke now the amount they are getting and how many we’re having in the league as a whole.

• Like 1

Put ridiculous amount of pace in front 3 and you'll get plenty of penalties.

No different to us getting loads in the MON seasons, Barry used to score 7-8 a season and then Milner and Young took over the mantle in 09/10.

They wouldn't get half of them without VAR though.

24 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Ramsdale is a disaster.

Were we in for him? Bullet dodged.

Henderson is huge miss for them, they look vulnerable in defence.

Think Sheffield united shows how much confidence is underestimated in football. 12 months back they'd have won this match 2 or 3 nil. Now they have doubts and it's reflected in performances on the pitch.

Reminds me of that Reading team that came up around 12 years ago and stormed it first season under Coppell but then went down the following year.

35 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Henderson is huge miss for them, they look vulnerable in defence.

Think Sheffield united shows how much confidence is underestimated in football. 12 months back they'd have won this match 2 or 3 nil. Now they have doubts and it's reflected in performances on the pitch.

Reminds me of that Reading team that came up around 12 years ago and stormed it first season under Coppell but then went down the following year.

I think the absence of fans has hit them hard, they were always playing well above themselves and maybe they’re finding it hard to hit the same levels of motivation with no crowd.

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think the absence of fans has hit them hard, they were always playing well above themselves and maybe they’re finding it hard to hit the same levels of motivation with no crowd.

Yep good point although their away form was also insanely good for 3/4 of last season.

Just seen they've got Liverpool, Chelsea and Man. City as next 3 so they will likely be cut adrift going into next international break and it's hard to pull yourself up the table from that position.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Brighton seem to be a really good team.....who never seem to win many games or even keep clean sheets.

4 defeats out of 5 if they lose this.

Incredibly overrated by some people on here. They are 3 seasons ahead of us in planning yet arent up to much

• Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

Incredibly overrated by some people on here. They are 3 seasons ahead of us in planning yet arent up to much

I agree. I do think Potter is a decent manager and you can see they're more well coached than a Newcastle but some (o.k you know who) were saying he was levels above DS as a manager just 4 weeks.

He did similar job at Swansea to what DS did at Brentford e.g. finishing just outside the play offs and Brighton probably haven't got enough about them to finish top half this season despite signing some decent players on paper.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I agree. I do think Potter is a decent manager and you can see they're more well coached than a Newcastle but some (o.k you know who) were saying he was levels above DS as a manager just 4 weeks.

He did similar job at Swansea to what DS did at Brentford e.g. finishing just outside the play offs and Brighton probably haven't got enough about them to finish top half this season despite signing some decent players on paper.

Bit unfair.

Smith is working on a much higher budget and got a much better squad.

Little clubs like Burnley and Brighton is a bad comparison. Newcastle and Everton are more similar sized clubs.

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Bit unfair.

Smith is working on a much higher budget and got a much better squad.

Little clubs like Burnley and Brighton is a bad comparison. Newcastle and Everton are more similar sized clubs.

Everton have spent over 500m since about 2017.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

So many soft and dubious penalties this weekend, hope we aren't impacted later.

They were giving too many penalties for handballl, they reviewed it and now they are giving penalties for other shit

Its just all flawed

• Like 2

Â