Pre-Match Thread

MaVilla

On 22/10/2020 at 17:29, Johnnyp said:

I disagree. I'm old school and think you play to the whistle. Players do not ref the game, they play it. When Roberts stopped, the Villa lad who was next to him should of went through him to get a ball that was in play and not blown up to stop. Morally yes, the goal was wrong but this " we stopped for you, you stop for us " is silly and a bit playground-ish. 

And I suppose Bamford feigning injury was all just modern gamesmanship???

Bielsa is a fine coach but his team let him down that day and he knew it or why would he order them to let us score from the re-start?  He is certainly no soft touch or stupid ... just ask Frankie Lampard!!!!  Leeds v Chelsea, always a tasty rivalry, will be interesting this season!!

If I remember correctly it wasn't even a meaningful game as Sheff U were still 6 points ahead with two games left and a far superior goal difference (I might be wrong on this!!).

I probably shouldn't be as nervous as I usually am ahead of a game now that we're actually looking quite convincing, however I'm hella nervous as I really, really, reeeeeeeeeally, want us to absolutely smother them. Make this an absolute hammering! UTV!

This makes perfect sense

I fancy Leeds here'

Aston Villa v Leeds United (20:00 BST)

53d5cd44-e8d2-4606-9b9f-18f5925c2e28.png

Mark Lawrenson

BBC football expert

Villa are going great guns, with four wins out of four in the Premier League so far. It's not just been their results that have been impressive, because they have been playing well too.

But I just fancy Leeds here. I watched them against Wolves on Monday and, although they ended up being beaten, it is clear already this season that, even if they are not playing well, they are competitive and they will give everyone a good game.

Kalvin Phillips is out injured, which is a blow to Leeds because he covers acres and acres for them. But you won't see anything different from them on Friday - they won't change the way they play because one of their better players is out.

Lawro's prediction: 1-2

Villa unbeaten and playing well versus newly promoted team who lost last time and missing one of their main players... Leeds win :lol: 

Link to BBC

Edited by Genie
  • Haha 1