Jump to content

Pre-Match Thread


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Maybe your right, only time will tell but I think he will make it given the right support, I have full confidence in him and a fantastic England career.

I just think Wes and Samatta has set such an laughable low bar that Watkins looks better than he really is.

Don't get me wrong Watkins is a very good striker. But he isn't world class.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kieranavfc said:

This is how they're lining up apparently

spacer.png

Costa absolutely destroyed us a few years back. Think it was Bruce's first ever game in charge. 

They've had to move a rb into cb and a new holding cm. Surely we have a great chance of winning this. 

I'm sure they'll attack and will play some decent stuff but our CM should dominate and we have Jack and they have no one close to that level. 

Worried their keeper will have a world class game and snatch a win.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kieranavfc said:

This is how they're lining up apparently

spacer.png

Cheers for posting mate 👍.  Still looks like a Championship team to me.  Good with the ball yes, but nothing to fear here. 

A very open and attacking 4-2 Villa win.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Not a chance.

Watkins will do well to become half the player.

Kane is arguably one of the best Premier League players of all time. To me he is up there with Henry and Drogba

You know when I say he has the ability, there are those players that have ability to go that far but some never do and use that ability and become very best version of themself. Watkins may or may not reach the best of himself but I do think hes come into a premier team at the right time, it's now upto him to go seize the moment and make everything count.

I guess I'm the first to say out loud that I think he could be fantastic not just for us but england down the line as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

You know when I say he has the ability, there are those players that have ability to go that far but some never do and use that ability and become very best version of themself. Watkins may or may not reach the best of himself but I do think hes come into a premier team at the right time, it's now upto him to go seize the moment and make everything count.

I guess I'm the first to say out loud that I think he could be fantastic not just for us but england down the line as well.

As i said before.

We are used to watch Wes and Samatta. Any half decent striker who does the basics well would look class to us.

But i do agree he has got a lot of great attributes but i can't see him ever reach the level of Kane. That is not to say he won't become a top class PL striker.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I just think Wes and Samatta has set such an laughable low bar that Watkins looks better than he really is.

Don't get me wrong Watkins is a very good striker. But he isn't world class.

Not saying hes world class now, I'm saying in the future he could be in some years. I dont think Wes or Samatta has set this laughable low bar, Wes wasnt given much of a chance but Samatta was absolutely rubbish. Watkins will make his own history here at Villa or with the national side. I think if he goes and scores around 15+ goals this season then people will really start to rethink what I've just said, especially if he goes on to do better next season. Watkins has a reasonable good season for his first, I'd put a bet he will do wonders in his second season with us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

As i said before.

We are used to watch Wes and Samatta. Any half decent striker who does the basics well would look class to us.

But i do agree he has got a lot of great attributes but i can't see him ever reach the level of Kane. That is not to say he won't become a top class PL striker.

I can agree on that what you have just said, I guess I have more confidence in him and hope than what others do at this moment in time.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Cheers for posting mate 👍.  Still looks like a Championship team to me.  Good with the ball yes, but nothing to fear here. 

A very open and attacking 4-2 Villa win.

i wish i had your optimism!

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Could just as easy paly Dallas DM with Ayling staying at RB and Struijk staying at CB. Or they could play a back 3.

Who's got the sniper ready for Bamford, make it count whoever the hitman is.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, kieranavfc said:

This is how they're lining up apparently

spacer.png

Mings chop Bamford out the game please before Conor comes running onto the field for a throttling session.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â