Jump to content

Relegation chase 2020/21


Recommended Posts

When you look at our next six fixtures: West Ham, Newcastle, Wolves, Burnley, West Brom, Palace. We really should be taking a decent amount of points from those games, and we need to, because after they we play Man Utd, Chelsea, and Spurs. But then again we should be taking more than zero points from home games against Brighton, Leeds and Southampton.

I think the next six will go a long way to determining how the rest of our season will go, do poorly in them and suddenly we will be a lot closer to the relegation zone, with a very difficult end to the season. Need to get as many points from those games as possible, do so and we will be looking good.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, useless said:

When you look at our next six fixtures: West Ham, Newcastle, Wolves, Burnley, West Brom, Palace. We really should be taking a decent amount of points from those games, and we need to, because after they we play Man Utd, Chelsea, and Spurs. But then again we should be taking more than zero points from home games against Brighton, Leeds and Southampton.

I think the next six will go a long way to determining how the rest of our season will go, do poorly in them and suddenly we will be a lot closer to the relegation zone, with a very difficult end to the season. Need to get as many points from those games as possible, do so and we will be looking good.

Wolves and Palace won't suit us.

We will keep a high line and play high risk football and they will sit back and counter us to pieces.

Edited by villalad21
Link to post
Share on other sites

The way Palace play is very similar to the way Newcastle play, basically try and keep it tight defensively and hope to scrape a goal from either a set piece or one of their attackers coming up a moment of solo brilliance, I wouldn't say they're particulary dangerous of the break, whilst capable of beating us they're not a team we should be scared of, we're more than good enough to beat them if we're at our best.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, useless said:

The way Palace play is very similar to the way Newcastle play, basically try and keep it tight defensively and hope to scrape a goal from either a set piece or one of their attackers coming up a moment of solo brilliance, I wouldn't say they're particulary dangerous of the break, whilst capable of beating us they're not a team we should be scared of, we're more than good enough to beat them if we're at our best.

The way i saw them versus Leeds disproves that.

They are absolutely devestating on the counter

Link to post
Share on other sites

None of Palace's goals against Leeds were scored from counter attacks, two were from set pieces, and the other two were from build up play that started from the half way line when Leeds had plenty of men back.

Them scoring four isn't typical, they can't in any seriousness be described as 'devestating as an attacking force, befor that Leeds game they'd only scored eight in their previous seven league games.

Edited by useless
Link to post
Share on other sites

There are 4 truly atrocious teams this season, we're not going down. I'm hopeful we'll maintain an upper mid-table finish, but I can't see Fulham, Sheffield United, West Brom or burnley hitting 35 points. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

There are 4 truly atrocious teams this season, we're not going down. I'm hopeful we'll maintain an upper mid-table finish, but I can't see Fulham, Sheffield United, West Brom or burnley hitting 35 points. 

It's good that there are 4 of them too that are this bad, and not 2 or 3, as at least one of them is bound to turn it around. You cant see two of them finishing above us if we were to have a poor season from here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mantis said:

This is an interesting website where you can go back and see the standings in the table after every round from previous Premier League seasons.

https://www.worldfootball.net/history/eng-premier-league/

 

I know with later start it's difficult to compare from a year ago but this time last year we played Newcastle on the Monday night and had 14 points from 13 games. We then took a point from Man. United and lost to Chelsea and Leicester and were pretty much in bottom 3 17th on GD with 15 points from 16 games. Southampton in 18th had 15 points and they were starting to win.

I can't see any of Sheffield United, Fulham or West Brom even getting to 15 points before middle of January. Would require Fulham to win 3 and draw 2 and their next 3 are Leicester and Man City away and Liverpool at home.

I do think West Brom have improved a bit from their level at start of the season but they've stopped scoring goals so again difficult to see them winning much.

Edited by VillaChris
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, useless said:

Might not be long before the first managerial sacking in the premier leage now, Albion, Fulham and Sheffield Utd owners must all be wondering if they need to make a change.

West Brom Sheffield united next week so can see Bilic leaving if he dosen't win that given the speculation over his future a few weeks ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Loser of that game could well lose their job.

The season that Derby went down as the worst side ever after nine games they had more points(5) thany of Sheffield United, Fulham, or West Brom have at the moment, Burnley too, although they've only played seven.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, useless said:

Loser of that game could well lose their job.

The season that Derby went down as the worst side ever after nine games they had more points(5) thany of Sheffield United, Fulham, or West Brom have at the moment, Burnley too, although they've only played seven.

 

It's genuinely possible that 11 points could be enough for survival this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Burnley taking a lead against palace with some amateurish defending. These players should surely know better, hundreds of premier league appearances between them! 😜

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â