PPV for Villa Games

Ouchmefoot

7 minutes ago, sne said:

How are Brighton earning £7m more than us in matchday revenue and how is our overall turnover only £54m? Surely missing a 1 there?

I think those numbers are based on teams earning what they earned at their last published accounts - so for us, our final season in the Championship.

For me, the big problem here is the move away from collective bargaining - from the product being the league rather than it being each individual club - that's massively dangerous to the future of the game. I get that we're talking about replacing match day incomes, but I'd like to see the money put into the collective TV pool and divided up in the same way as other TV income.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Thug said:

Yh but the the problem is getting to sign up to DAZN, which you can’t do without a Canadian address/credit card.

I’ve resorted to more unscrupulous methods, which is a shame.

I used my Google pay to sign up for it on my phone. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

this is very interesting.

Unfortunately our turnover is/was tiny compared to a lot of clubs (not sure why as this is our second season in the PL now?), but our match day revenue seems rather low?!?!

says 20/21 but has the relegated teams included, maybe based on last years figures and not projected for the current year?

rev.JPG

Yes, I don't believe those figures. 

Take Southampton. They would be getting 8,000 less than us through the doors.  No way they sell more corporate packages than us. I just don't believe those figures are correct. 

Our tickets are cheap compared to many but no way enough to erode that 8,000 capacity difference. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

At £5 i'd buy it.  Or in a different world where I could watch the game with my mates I'd pay £15 and get them to bring me a beer with them on their way round.

£15, knowing every household has to pay this or be in breach of covid laws is a bit of a scam.

If the clubs need the money, perhaps they should stop paying insane wages to footballers. Needs to start at the top though. 

Edited by MrBlack

I'd rather trawl through the awful and slow match updates on the BBC then pay £15 per game to watch it on the telly. Heck I'd even dare venture into the match thread on here before paying that. 

However if anyone does get it and fancies setting up a Zoom call so we can all watch let me know 😂

1 hour ago, kidlewis said:

£15 is a bit much, I think £7.99 would be a fair wack for a game.

Football league ifollow charges £10 for Championship, League 1 and League 2 games. 

I'm pretty sure if Carlisle United can charge £10 for their match streaming per game, Villa can charge more than £7.99.

I wont be paying for this. But then I have never bothered  with sky/bt anyway given I dont really care for footy beyond  the villa

And I've avoided footy since march as professional football without fans is not really pro football or at least my view of pro football

Maybe I should permanently boycott as it sounds like we've been half decent over last few games...

Premier League clubs spent 1.45 billion in the last transfer window not including the wages and agent fees. If the clubs really need the money then why are they spending this money 

another PR disaster from the Premier League following the furloughing of the staff and the desperation to get football restarted

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think those numbers are based on teams earning what they earned at their last published accounts - so for us, our final season in the Championship.

For me, the big problem here is the move away from collective bargaining - from the product being the league rather than it being each individual club - that's massively dangerous to the future of the game. I get that we're talking about replacing match day incomes, but I'd like to see the money put into the collective TV pool and divided up in the same way as other TV income.

Exactly, this is exactly what clubs such as man United and Liverpool have been wanting for years. If not done properly we could end up in a la Liga kind of monopoly

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Premier League clubs spent 1.45 billion in the last transfer window not including the wages and agent fees. If the clubs really need the money then why are they spending this money 

That’s why they need the money!

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is it not all the £15’s put into a pot and shared equally between 20 clubs?

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Is it not all the £15’s put into a pot and shared equally between 20 clubs?

That’s how you would hope it would work,  but then if you look at the first round, Villa WBA and Fulham I believe are on 3 times. Man City for example 0. Essentially Villa fans money would be going into the pockets of clubs whose fans have paid nothing in.

You would hope over a season it would average out. So that all fans would have paid as equal amount as possible. However if it’s goes directly to the club you’ve paid for, then bigger teams with bigger fan base are at an automatic and huge advantage.

Not really sure why people are complaining about PPV games, pre Covid not all games were on TV and so they are going back to that along with the option to watch on PPV for games not being showed on TV.

The £15 price is a little steep though. Somewhere between £5-10 would be a much more sensible fee. A normal match ticket in the PL would be £30 but you get a whole day out of it rather than just the 90 minutes. The only other disappointment with the scheme is how games haven't been shared equally with Man City and Everton not being PPV at all, I would hope this balances out in November/December.

At the end of the day I would have paid a season ticket and match tickets for away games to watch Villa play. Whilst it's not going to be the same I will still pay to watch the games, although I will most likely share the cost with a few people I would normally go to games with.

If you didn't go to games pre covid and you don't want to pay for them now then you can't really have any complaints.

What I would be interested to see is a break down of the £15 fee to where it goes. For instance if £5 goes to both clubs with the remainder to Sky/BT/PL then it is more of an incentive to pay as money is directly going back to the club.

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Pretty important paragraph in the Guardian:

It is understood there is no mechanism for fans to redeem their season tickets for access to pay-per-view matches, unlike a similar scheme in the EFL where fans can set their tickets against a £10 charge to watch on the iFollow app. Nor is it clear how the money earned will be distributed, although it is thought all money beyond production costs will go to the clubs.

It’s nothing more than a shameless cash grab in one of the worst economic downturns in modern memory. Shameless. 

It really isn't.

I'm a season ticket holder and I don't expect any preferential treatment to watch a game on TV. I have paid nothing to the club this season.

I would hope as this article states that all money beyond production costs will go to the club. The club have brought in no money on match days this season, they now have an opportunity to do this.

People are expecting something for nothing but it has to end at some point.

• Like 1

Apparently the PL have got something called a "super block" to take down illegal streams.  Not sure what this means but sounds like streams might be more difficult to find in future. 

• Haha 1

Â