PPV for Villa Games

Ouchmefoot

Just to add, I would normally be at every Villa game and happy to pay the £30+ ticket price, but that is a totally different experience and currently isn't an option. I feel the premier league and Villa are gouging at the time when Villa fans can least afford it.

2 minutes ago, Ouchmefoot said:

So, the Premier League have decided that it's fair to charge £15.00 to watch any game not selected by Sky or BT.

I pay £60 per month for Sky Sports, BT Sport and Amazon Prime. I did this to maximise the amount of possible Villa coverage but an extra £15 per game is surely taking the piss. 

Villa's three remaining October games (Leicester, Leeds, Southampton) are all PPV. Are you prepared to spend £45.00 for those games?

This is pushing people (including me) towards illegal streams. 19 clubs, including Villa voted for this - they should be ashamed of themselves. Only Leicester voted against it. 

Am I in the minority feeling this way. Are you happy to pay £15 for each game BT/Sky decide isn't interesting enough to show?

You are not alone in your criticism of this scam. I pay like you do and absolutely feel aggrieved at this PPV bollocks. I won't buy it and will cancel my subscription and go for the illegal little rivers instead. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ouchmefoot said:

So, the Premier League have decided that it's fair to charge £15.00 to watch any game not selected by Sky or BT.

I pay £60 per month for Sky Sports, BT Sport and Amazon Prime. I did this to maximise the amount of possible Villa coverage but an extra £15 per game is surely taking the piss. 

Villa's three remaining October games (Leicester, Leeds, Southampton) are all PPV. Are you prepared to spend £45.00 for those games?

This is pushing people (including me) towards illegal streams. 19 clubs, including Villa voted for this - they should be ashamed of themselves. Only Leicester voted against it. 

Am I in the minority feeling this way. Are you happy to pay £15 for each game BT/Sky decide isn't interesting enough to show?

I am definitely not happy and, like you, I have paid top whack for access via BT Sport, NOW TV and Prime (well, actually, my wife pays for Prime!)

However, if necessary I suspect I will pay up the extra £15 per game. Last time I tried an illegal stream my computer got a nasty virus that ultimately ended up with me having to buy a new laptop. 

Hopefully the public hue and cry that has already started up around this greedy policy will force them into retreat.

Edited by briny_ear

If they could’ve make it much less would have been better and reasonable, something around £5.

I’m abroad so won’t get affected by that, but I think the price would be high especially as Villa would have much less games on TV than top 6 or whatever.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ouchmefoot said:

It's outrageous greed. In a time when football is one of the few things bringing anyone any joy, they try to swindle people. Unless their plan is to funnel the money to lower league clubs, I can't see the justification for it.

50 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Someone in another thread said the revenue goes to the clubs, if so it puts a different complexion on things.

This is my understanding at the moment too. Tbh, we’re just going to end up with a ‘premflix’ model or a model where clubs stream their own games and make fans pay sooner or later. The latter would make the rich clubs even richer. 

The PL is an absolute marketing machine. The money in the game is spiralling out of control. 

58 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This is my understanding at the moment too. Tbh, we’re just going to end up with a ‘premflix’ model or a model where clubs stream their own games and make fans pay sooner or later. The latter would make the rich clubs even richer. 

The PL is an absolute marketing machine. The money in the game is spiralling out of control. 

If that model was used firstly it would be dished out in the same way as it is now and secondly it would be cheaper than sky sports is currently. Tito have an excellent video they put out about 6 months back on it.

On topic however I will be paying to view these games as it is the only way I can legally.

If there was an option to do this for ALL our games I would cancel sky sports instead to offset the cost.

It's no wonder people go down the dodgy viewing avenues. A fiver a game and people would more than likely stump it up. 100,000 x 5, half a million quid a game and people doing it legally. 15 quid a game is ridiculous.

That said, I'm paying £10 a game to watch Wrexham home streams. They absolutely need the money though until overlords Reynolds and McElhenney take over (hopefully). 

• Like 1

Just to put a slightly different spin on it. We will still make a massive loss this year. That has not stopped our owners continuing to invest heavily to enhance our viewing experience. We can’t have it both ways and the payment is, of course, optional.

I know that these are difficult times for people but there is still an economic reality for big football clubs. I would much rather pay £15 to watch Ross Barkley and Ollie tear it up than have what was dished up for much of last season for free.

• Like 2

Said in the other thread our next 3 games are PPV so £45

Evertons next 3 games are included within the standard subscription so £0 extra

Its a shambles, the likes of Liverpool, City and utd are on TV 25+ times, we will be around 15, baggies might be the minimum 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its a shambles, the likes of Liverpool, City and utd are on TV 25+ times, we will be around 15, baggies might be the minimum 

Thinking about that, if you're Sky and BT, do you put Albion vs Fulham on BT1 and let Liverpool vs Man Utd go to PPV to generate more income?

That would put the cat amongst the pigeons!

• Like 3

It’s a business model, they have done their research and decided that this is what people are likely to pay.

myself, I’ll just continue to use alternative methods.

Up to £8 would be a fair price that I would happily pay,

• Like 2

So is it correct that the £15 goes straight to the club or is it siphoned out to a bunch of other actors as well, and if so how much of the £15 does the clubs end up with?

I imagine a lot of people (out of those who feel they can afford it) are happy-ish enough to pay the money if it does end up with the club, but it's still a lot of money for a TV game.

No idea what the deal will be in Sweden yet but as the games are spread out I'm hoping they will all be on the telly. If not I will of course be outraged and sulk.

• Like 1

I’m not prepared to pay anything in addition to my sky & bt subscription. As much as I love the villa I’m not supporting a love to rape fans even more. I think this is the first step to ruining a competitive league if all this does is mean the rich get richer which it will. How long before we have a scenario like Germany where the same club has Won the league 8 years in a row or France for that matter. It end up making the league so predictable people stop watching or going to games. 

• Like 3

Â