Ratings & Reactions: Leicester v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

288 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/10/20 at 22:59

How good does it feel to have a Villa fan managing us and a Villa fan captaining us an producing performances and results like this?! 7 English players, defensively solid and offensively dangerous. Things seemed to have clicked into place. Villa on the up...

1 minute ago, Villa87 said:

How good does it feel to have a Villa fan managing us and a Villa fan captaining us an producing performances and results like this?! 7 English players, defensively solid and offensively dangerous. Things seemed to have clicked into place. Villa on the up...

I do love how many English/British players we have in the starting 11

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

We're doing the opposite of what wolves have done with their squad and embraced British talent..

Well we weren't at our freewheeling best today, but we managed to find a way to win and points on the board are all that matter. That ability to win when not at our best is absolutely vital. Especially after a couple of easy games, the fact we were in a close game and still came out victorious shows just how good this team really is. 

It's a flawless start in terms of the results, but there's still plenty to work on in the week, if we keep improving we will have a seriously good side on our hands. But it's also important to remember how far we have come - in the last few months, from being hammered by Leicester; and in the last few years, from one of the worst seasons in the club's history just a few years ago, and hours away from a winding-up order. It really is already a fairytale story that is just getting better and better every week. 

• Like 1

That’s the best £15 I’ve never spent, I thoroughly enjoyed that, the refreshing included! A draw would have been a good result, but to pop up and bury the winner in the 90th was perfect. 

Four played, four wins, plus 10 GD, 1pt off the top, 2 ahead of Liverpool, 6 above Wolves and 11 ahead of West Brom. Oh yeah and we’ve got a game in hand 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm not sure what to do, or how to feel, as i'm not used to this feeling. lol

I know. I kind of feel a bit guilty. It’s weird.

• Like 1

i understand why you would vote ross MOTM,  but that was one moment in a largely missing overall 90.  Martinez on the other hand have multiple strong saves and had the sense right after the goal to start us on slow, possession, time churning strategy.  wise as an old pro.  on top of several good saves.  easy call for me.

Wow wow wow.

What a result and a solid performance overall, could have done better on multiple occasions both with and without the ball but we matched a good Leicester side and I thought the longer the game went on we looked the more likely to win it.

This feels like a massive result and performance, I was worried if we’d struggle after the last game and it took us a while to get going, very lethargic for the first 30 minutes for sure but we were always in the game and looked defensively sound for the vast majority of it.

Gave Barkley MoTM for that beauty of a winner, special mention for the whole defence and keeper though plus Trezeguet who I thought put a heck of a shift in whilst still being a bit wasteful with his end product in possession.

Grealish maybe seemed to have taken to his Gazza comparisons a little too much tonight and held on to the ball for far too long on a number of occasions, still put in a good performance though obvs.

I am ecstatic.

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

No but it was so frustrating that we were bossing the game so much and couldn't score until Barkley comes up with that wonder strike. He won two points for us!

Not sure we were bossing the game so much , there was little to chose between the two sides throughout the game apart from the goal , which was brilliant    (still does not guarantee man of the match though ) Onwards and upwards

• Like 1

Â