Ratings & Reactions: Leicester v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

288 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/10/20 at 22:59

That +10 GD! 

Lots of really sloppy passes and slow/frustrating play that needs to be stamped out. Guys may have been a little tired from the international break but my word that GORGEOUS strike from Barkley. Once again, we didn’t get away with a win. We rivaled Leicester today. Brilliant.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Q for the stattos: Do we have the most clean sheets so far this season despite playing a game less than most other teams? 

We have conceded fewer than anyone else had after 4 games.

Edit: misread question there... yes we do!

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

Defensively we are taking zero risks this season, and coupled with Martinez we look solid. We defend as a unit, and despite playing further forward always had men between the opposition attack and the goal. We rarely play out through our defensive third now which is clearly helping, and despite surrendering possession to cleared balls and clearing our defensive third, it’s working. Last year it was our downfall. 

Our back four all looked terrific and very disciplined and drilled in their role. This is going to make a massive difference this season, clean sheets will make such a difference in our league position.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Am I crazy... I thought that ref was super fair. He was letting the game flow and keep moving at times. I gave him top marks...

Grealish MOTM for me. Created a lot, but definitely has to shoot more. 

We were such a solid unit tonight. Traore was actually impressive when he came on today.

He was letting a lot play on that would usually be a foul (including one in the build up to our goal).

I think he was fair for both sides but letting so much go meant Grealish getting kicked a lot. 

I would have taken a point beforehand, over the moon with 3. More important result than the 7-2 against the champions. 

Grealish needs to shoot more as frustrating when he doesn't. The defence actually looks like a defence now, Watkins had a quiet one but he aint gonna score every game...

5 points ahead of City after 4 games makes for good reading. 

• Like 3

Â