Ratings & Reactions: Leicester v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

288 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/10/20 at 22:59

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

One game at a time.....lets not get ahead of ourselves or too cocky.

Lets praise the opposition to the hilt, so when we beat them, our own praise is automatically magnified.

Lets have a great season embracing humility, like our manager......its far louder and more effective than crowing from the rooftops.....we don't need Vuvuzela trumpets to let them know, we are back....our football will do the talking.

You fancy buying the open top bus I've just bought? 🤣 

I hear you.

• Haha 1

There will be reversals, we need that resillience, even more when it happens and a bounce back ability of defiance.

It will happen, but we need to be ready and back the team even more, when it arrives.

• Like 1

It does tickle me though, when we have a period in our history like this and certain pundits comb through our performances with a magnifying glass borrowed off sherlock Holmes, with the objective of discrediting our results.

The desperation on their faces to extrapolate fault to massage their jaundiced agenda.

Danny Murphy on Motd 2 was an affront to football punditry, it was embarrassing.....sniveling little toad.

Edited by TRO

36 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

When will foxes and wolves learn that Lions are the real kings. 

Yes it's cringe but I'm going to enjoy it as long as it lasts. 

Oh erm Mind that gap!

Lion against little foxes and wolves. How is that even fair?

18 minutes ago, TRO said:

There will be reversals, we need that resillience, even more when it happens and a bounce back ability of defiance.

It will happen, but we need to be ready and back the team even more, when it arrives.

We showed the ability to grind out a win. Staying in the game, despite not having our best game. Really encouraging stuff.

It's what Man Utd used to do a lot under Fergie.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We showed the ability to grind out a win. Staying in the game, despite not having our best game. Really encouraging stuff.

It's what Man Utd used to do a lot under Fergie.

Absolutely spot on....we did it under Saunders too.....its what pleased me most last night.

That game, showed me a different dimension to our team, that I wasn't entirely sure was there.,yet...against Liverpool it was rockets & fireworks.

Against Leicester is was Brimstone and carborundum and we clearly showed it was in our armoury.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Against Leicester is was Brimstone and carborundum and we clearly showed it was in our armoury.

Sounds like some kind of superhero compound, is it snorted or injected?

30 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Sounds like some kind of superhero compound, is it snorted or injected?

Its the compound they used to grind Inlet valves in with on a Automobile cylinder head......just got fed up of saying "grind"

Edited by TRO

7 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Anyone notice after we scored Leicester lost all belief? It's as though they thought if we go gung ho they'll pick us off again. 

TBF, it was deep into injury time. Any goal scored at that point was going to be the winner. It's happened to us SO many times, so it was nice to do it to someone else for a change. 

We are clearly a step up from the start of last season. 

• Martinez looks fantastic and sooo calm.
  • Cash looks very good and Konsa has been superb since the end of lockdown which has also allowed Mings to focus on his game and look better. Even Targett is now looking good.
  • The midfield three look very good and balanced with Luiz continuing his good form post lockdown and looking established, SJM back to our SJM and Barkley doing what he did at the end of his Everton spell.
  • Up front, Jack is looking the Rolls Royce player he is, Watkins is looking promising and Trez is now established and is giving 110% every game.

We will not be in a relegation scrap,

How good we actually are though is really difficult to call just yet:

• We scraped past a 10 man Sheff Utd, who have looked poor this season.
  • We battered Fulham but they were poor and it was pre- the addition of their late signings.
  • We battered Liverpool BUT they were without four of their five (for me) most influential players in Becker, Henderson, Thiago and Mane.
  • We beat Leicester deservedly BUT they were without five very influential players in Vardy, Ndidi, Soyuncu, Periera and a fully fit Maddison.

It looks like we will be playing Leeds without two of their most influential players in Cooper and Phillips.

At the same time, we have been able to put out our strongest XI in every game.

We have definitely had the rub of the green so far this season. 

Hopefully this start has given us the confidence and feel good to continue the great start and the second string will be inspired to step up to the next level as well in the event that we need to make changes/rotate.

• Like 1

Â