Ratings & Reactions: Leicester v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

288 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/10/20 at 22:59

The only player to have scored against us Mo Salah, and that just made us angry. There’s a lesson there for the rest of the premier league, score a goal at your peril! Do you want to lose 1-0 or concede a hat full? Your choice, chumps. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

Amazing.

Work ethic, pace, skill, determination, plus a little bit of the dark arts in their too. What a team Deano has assembled - seems to have got every signing right this summer. 

And to look at the fixtures up until Boxing Day...(excl. Man City, who are our game in hand - I think they're avoiding us!)

Leeds (H)
Southampton (H)
Arsenal (A)
Brighton (H)
West Ham (A)
Newcastle (H)
Wolves (A)
Burnley (H)
Boggies (A)
Palace (H)

Without wanting to get ahead of myself, I can see us matching last seasons points total in these games alone if we can consistently put our first 11 on the park.

This confidence thing is weird.

Of course no PL game is easy, but our fixture list does look alright up to Xmas. Arsenal and Wolves away will be tough games and there's a couple of other potential banana skins, but I don't see why we can't take around 20 points from those 10 games up to Boxing Day. That would see us close to safety after only 14 league games. The games look tougher in the second half of the season but if we can build momentum anything can happen. 

Even after our incredible start I'll still just be happy with a top half finish. Having said that, I don't think European qualification is out of our reach if the first 11 stays fit.

I'll be very intrigued to see where we are in 10 games time.

6 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

Amazing.

Work ethic, pace, skill, determination, plus a little bit of the dark arts in their too. What a team Deano has assembled - seems to have got every signing right this summer. 

And to look at the fixtures up until Boxing Day...(excl. Man City, who are our game in hand - I think they're avoiding us!)

Leeds (H)
Southampton (H)
Arsenal (A)
Brighton (H)
West Ham (A)
Newcastle (H)
Wolves (A)
Burnley (H)
Boggies (A)
Palace (H)

Without wanting to get ahead of myself, I can see us matching last seasons points total in these games alone if we can consistently put our first 11 on the park.

This confidence thing is weird.

The two hardest games imo from there are West Ham and Palace. Physically they are the strongest teams from what I have seen this season along with Everton. The other teams we can beat in strength and physicality. Brighton too because they play the best football. Potter (Villa fan) is a very good coach. 

However I genuinely believe that we will win every game if our first choice 13 are fit.

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Danny Murphy is a pork sword swallower.

Probably bitter because his hot wife left him for a Brummie (might possibly not be factually correct)

This is obviously not true, come on man! 

Like Danny Murphy would ever have a hot wife ;)

I really enjoyed that. What impressed me the most was the we approached the game as one of Leicester's equals. We went there to play toe to toe with them and we matched up.  That shows the strides we've made in a year. Not just in quality but in mentality. Mentality can be more difficult to adjust. If you've spent a year with your backs to the wall it can be tough to convince yourself that that's not your rightful place.  Credit to Leicester too. I thought both sides played really well in the first half and they were incredibly well matched.  The second half too was like a chess match and it was going to take a piece of individual brilliance or an absolute brain fart to win or lose it.  The win was brilliant yes. The way we took it was brilliant, but the belief in that team that we now belong on that pitch and are viable winners of any game we go into rather than snatching and grabbin what we can is the most exciting thing, and they're still just learning.  They still have to get fully up to speed with Barkley's movement.  Traore still has to get a start too.  There is more to come from this team.  And I love when I see headlines in the press like "Smith: "We can't get carried away"". You know things are going well :D 

EDIT : That Grealish lad is alright isn't he?

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Ironically Danny Murphy only turns up to spoil the show.

Same on Soccer AM last week, Such a boring rocket polisher. 

Reckon he has secret meet up sessions with Southgate just to touch knobs 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

The two hardest games imo from there are West Ham and Palace. Physically they are the strongest teams from what I have seen this season along with Everton. The other teams we can beat in strength and physicality. Brighton too because they play the best football. Potter (Villa fan) is a very good coach. 

However I genuinely believe that we will win every game if our first choice 13 are fit.

Agree with the first paragraph. It's  spot on.

The second is rather cocky! We need to keep cool and not get ahead of ourselves It's only 4 games in!

34 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Well she is fit, but she has left him so hahaha take that Murphy you miserly word removed. I clicked the link (just for further research into said lovely lady), he can’t even raise a smile when stood next to her. He’s got to be the most miserable man on Earth. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

With an unbiased opinion i think we deserved to win that but at the same time Leicester didn't deserve to lose.

Great defensive display from both teams. 

Neither team could’ve complained about the draw. It was a tightly contested match that needed a moment of magic to win it. Leicester didn’t produce that, and we did, so we fully deserved the points. Harsh as it was for Leicester, but that’s football for you. 

11 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Agree with the first paragraph. It's  spot on.

The second is rather cocky! We need to keep cool and not get ahead of ourselves It's only 4 games in!

My second paragraph was a bit tongue in cheek 🤣. However I have seen since lockdown we're much better tactically and Dean Smith is making in game tweaks to nullify and then get on top of opponents. Culminating in the risky masterclass against the hubcap munchers (liverscum). 

We're prepared for each game. 

So a few weeks ago I had an argument with a few friends of mine who are Man Utd fans.

Can't remember which game it was but Rashford took a shot which went wide but was clipped by a player as he shot and got a penalty for it. I said I've seen this hundreds of times over the years but never seen a penalty given for it. They argued that it was 100% penalty and other fans are just jealous because their attacking players are so tricky they win the most penalties.

We disagreed but finished by me saying this will happen to Villa very soon and I'll send you boys a clip when it does.

Last night Trez shot wide and was fouled in the process, I sent them a clip and not a single one of them has replied. Personally I don't think you should get a penalty if you get a shot away but it's the separate rules for Man Utd that are in place that really gets my nerves.

• Like 3

Â