Ratings & Reactions: Leicester v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

288 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/10/20 at 22:59

MOTD are a bunch of right Representatives for Wellingborough. We could and should have scored 3. That was a very good solid game with two teams who played well and defended well. They probably wanted us to defend like liverscum and give up easy chances.

Woeful analysis.

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

We're balanced, organised and hardworking. It lets us stay in games and makes us hard to beat, we've got a top class keeper and then crucially we've also got players who can produce moments of magic and win games. That's a really good combination; we're exciting to watch and we're flying.

We lack quality depth and we have key players picking up bookings, so it'll get harder, but right now all of the progress we have made in the last two years is right there in front of our eyes - we're upwardly mobile and we're one of the reasons the top six is getting jittery.

More of this please.

I agree with all the above

We are now playing the way, I always hoped we could.....I just didn't know how long it would take.....very impressive.

• Like 2

Great performance tonight, team ethic is high especially strong after last season.

Konsa, Cash, Trezeguet, Grealish honourable mentions but for me for his all-round play Trezeguet was my MOTM.

Great finish from Barkley and all that from someone who was 50/50 to play.

After we scored I was confident we wouldn't mess up, think we've learned so much from last season's capitulations.

Oh and Danny Murphy is an idiot. Villa went toe-to-toe with a team who have spent big for years and even though they had a few out still have good players to call on, the statistics were close which means we matched them apart from the only thing that matters. One goal!

UTV

2 hours ago, HongKongVillan said:

Didn't get to watch the match tonight, but I thought Mason Mount played very well.

I thought it was one of his more poorer performances. Went missing for the full 90 minutes.

• Haha 1

what excites me... future opponents will be struggling to figure out a match tactic.  if you push a highline, we act like you are liverpool.  if you sit back and try to catch us on the counter, we act like you are Leicester.  I expect Leeds and Bielsa to try possession, slow build up from the back- because it's the next logical option and it's his preference.  If we lose, every opponent for weeks and weeks will try the same.

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

Maybe not one for the purists, but that was such a professional job.

I would have taken the draw, but this team knows how to win now.....and it shows.

Our work rate looks so honest and genuine too. Not just for effect. Villa-Leeds will be a fantastic game of football. If we beat them, we'll of played well.

• Like 3

Was very impressed tonight and thought we showed grit, determination and we were cutting them apart in a similar way to hw we did Liverpool on occasion but this time our players were not quite so accurate with the pass nor so bang on with their decision making in the final third which cost us more goals. There were at least 3 or 4 occasions we had them desperately backtracking and were 3 on 3 or even 3 on 2 but we messed it up. That often happens after a team has scored 6 or 7 in my experience, more often than not in their next game they get nil or just a solitary goal... weird but seems to happen almost always.

As for MOTD comments what utter nonsense from Murphy...Leicester were the ones scared of us i felt as they defended really deep and set up to stop us more than to score themselves. The perogative was on them as the home side (Albeit a bit different i guess with no crowds) to come at us but i felt we played it to perfection. Murphy has never said a good word about Villa, ever, so no surprises he chose to criticise us yet again for what was at the end of the day the perfect away performance. How many times last season did his old club Liverpool nick games by the odd goal in the last few mins? Was he criticizing them for that?

• Like 2

Amazing.

Work ethic, pace, skill, determination, plus a little bit of the dark arts in their too. What a team Deano has assembled - seems to have got every signing right this summer. 

And to look at the fixtures up until Boxing Day...(excl. Man City, who are our game in hand - I think they're avoiding us!)

Leeds (H)
Southampton (H)
Arsenal (A)
Brighton (H)
West Ham (A)
Newcastle (H)
Wolves (A)
Burnley (H)
Boggies (A)
Palace (H)

Without wanting to get ahead of myself, I can see us matching last seasons points total in these games alone if we can consistently put our first 11 on the park.

This confidence thing is weird.

• Like 1

Thought we went toe to toe with LCFC, had the better chances and in the last 15 minutes were looking very comfortable and unlikely to concede. All of this made me quite content in potentially finishing with a very credible away draw. Barkley's winner was a massive bonus.

I thoroughly enjoyed that.

It wasn't swashbuckling like last week when Liverpool underestimated us. This was a very good top of the table side smarting from a loss last time out, drilled tactically and composed throughout.

We more than matched them, looking just as tactically astute and comfortable with and without the ball, never looking threatened. We cancelled each other out for the most part.....

... only I think we still have room for improvement as we see more out of Barkley, Traore and Watkins as they continue to gel with the rest of the team. The same cannot be said for our opponents.

This is some side! The only thing lacking is depth.

• Like 3

Â