Ratings & Reactions: Leicester v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

288 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/10/20 at 22:59

Brilliant win. At half time I felt they were shading it but we were better second half and deserved the win in the end I think just about!

Voted Trez MOTM, thought he was absolutely excellent tonight, everywhere.

Barkley had been pretty quiet and I’m not surprised to hear he hasn’t trained all week. The mark of the man though is the class of the finish - it was the only time in the whole game he was able to drive like he did against Liverpool and he produced a moment of magic to win it.

Konsa was fantastic again. Good performances across the board you have to say.

4 from 4 what a start!!! I would’ve been happy with the draw tonight if you’d asked me on 89 mins. Such a psychological boost to get that win tonight especially for those of our players that were part of the 4-0 in the last game with fans present. 

One last word on PPV: disappointed that there was no option to watch without crowd noise. Disappointed that post match they showed an interview with Ross then said go to SSN for further reaction, only to switch over and see reaction to the Palace and Sheff Utd games, two ad breaks and then the same Barkley interview, before going to a feature on Gareth Bale. Still, don’t begrudge spending the money so much when we win!

PS. Ref was utter sh*te

• Like 1

I think what sums up how good our team is the result for Man of the Match. Last season it was Jack every game but today every starting players except Watkins has got a decent Man of the Match results

5 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Absolutely appalling from Danny Murphy and the MOTD team. 

I only pay attention to sky reaction, and even then with a pinch of salt. Gary Neville is pretty good. Motd is crap. Analysis is usually basic, dumbed down, clichéd trope.

• Like 2

Great win. Well if they don't think that is entertaining then I will take us winning every week. It seems unless every game does not have goals in it then it must be a poor game in today's media world. Fine we will just keep on being competitive and go under the radar.

I think Deano and the whole coaching set up needs a mention. Yes we have obviously recruited well but it is a sign of good coaching that players improve. I am looking at Konsa, Targett, Luiz, and Trez. Jack and Mcginn are class and Barkley adds extra quality to the mix. It is the first time for years that we have a good, well coached, balanced team. Probably since the Brian Little days. In fact this reminds of me the 95/96 season a bit already in having just stayed up and the squad being rebuilt with young players.

Got up, stayed up, now pushing on.

Massive win and very well deserved. Fantastic performance, never sat back and kept going at them. Once we settled after a rocky first 20mins we really started using the ball well. McGinn’s distribution in the first half was excellent. 

Defended really really well as a team and attacked in numbers. We’re a threat all over the pitch and our midfield is just so much stronger with Barkley. When he drops deep it leaves Grealish free and when he switches with McGinn it just ensures the opposing midfield can’t get too comfortable as both drove forward when they play up top and both are so strong when they sit further back. Only Barkley could score that type of goal for us; so good to have that power, drive and strength from midfield. 

Konsa is growing in each and every game as is also a threat from set pieces. Something we’ve lacked for years at the back. He’s a great ball playing CB and all our players are comfortable on the ball. Makes such a difference to our play.  Targett played excellent I thought, threw himself into everything and used the ball very well and linked up well in attack. Cash is excellent and has boundless energy. It was our energy as a team and willingness to always push forward and attack that made men most proud tonight, against a top Leicester team. We were ever settling for a point we were constantly looking to score, even when 0-1 up. There’s so much belief in this Villa team and confidence, too. 

Tonight was a massive win and I’m nearly as proud as the Liverpool game. We showed a different side of us tonight and approached the game to suit the opposition. Big win and means the pressure eases so we can continue to play with belief and confidence. Last season after struggling to get any points early on we panicked and it showed in all the games. The players want the ball now. 

There’s a real sense of unity and togetherness and a great team spirit in this Villa team. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

MOTD WITH Mark chapman, Danny Murphy and Micah Richards is really scrapping the bottom of the barrel 

I wiki'd it and Mark Chappers Chapman has been on MOTD2 since 2013. The host has got progressively worst from Adrian Chiles who wasn't bad even with the Alion connection, Colin Murray who at least was entertaining and now Chappers who just makes terrible bantz with his football mates.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I wiki'd it and Mark Chappers Chapman has been on MOTD2 since 2013. The host has got progressively worst from Adrian Chiles who wasn't bad even with the Alion connection, Colin Murray who at least was entertaining and now Chappers who just makes terrible bantz with his football mates.

I don't like Linekar either with his pathetic jokes. Hansen  the last good one. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

I don't like Linekar either with his pathetic jokes. Hansen  the last good one. 

Yeah though he is the Saturday guy. Its all far too relaxed and chummy but that's what the people want apparently.  No actual trained journalists like the old days such as Des or David Coleman. I just fast forward through most of the banal interviews and analysis, saves me about half an hour of the show.

56 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Absolutely appalling from Danny Murphy and the MOTD team. 

It’s just glaringly obvious that he/they haven’t seen the game beyond the highlight reel put together, plus, Danny Murphy is and always has been a total penis.

• Like 2

Â