FIFA 21

NurembergVillan

Did some quick selling from the packs I've opened early on and sold a decent orange card (GK) for 15k so I now have a decent team to start hitting squad battles and stuff with. Sticking with Premier League. 81 overall and 100 chem. Just gonna look at improving each position gradually now (Specials, new CB etc...)

BAJiUzr.jpeg

31 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

UT is all about playing full backs at CB this year so you get loads of pace and agility, although Gomez and Ake are quality.

I can't bring myself to play players out of position.

I'm not Steve Bruce.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I can't bring myself to play players out of position.

I'm not Steve Bruce.

I can't usually, but looking at players like Kyle Walker at CB or Konsa's performances at RB, I've allowed myself some flexibility.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Given it was lockdown I won't consider it a complete waste of time, but...

Screenshot-20210627-200846-Companion.jpg

I’ll never get a team like that. I don’t ‘get’ the whole SBC thing and I only really play squad battles (MP just frustrates me) and even then the max difficulty I play on is professional.

Spent a few quid on it as I've been spending on nothing else for the last 18 months but certainly wouldn't say I've gone mad.  I will say I've had some very good pack luck, though.  Managed to pack an Icon, Mbappe, a few of the good promo cards too (including Martinez here). Never packed anyone worth millions, but I've traded quite well to make some coins.

Most of these players are through SBCs or packed, with only Socrates, Chilwell and Yashin tradable.

Socrates has scored around 130 goals in 110 games for me, all in Division Rivals, divs 2 and 3.

image.png

• Like 2

13 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Spent a few quid on it as I've been spending on nothing else for the last 18 months but certainly wouldn't say I've gone mad.  I will say I've had some very good pack luck, though.  Managed to pack an Icon, Mbappe, a few of the good promo cards too (including Martinez here). Never packed anyone worth millions, but I've traded quite well to make some coins.

Most of these players are through SBCs or packed, with only Socrates, Chilwell and Yashin tradable.

Socrates has scored around 130 goals in 110 games for me, all in Division Rivals, divs 2 and 3.

image.png

I've not used Socrates this year (Dalglish cost me enough in SBC fodder that he has to stay put) - but I've loved him in each of the last two years.

Mine is fully untradeable, apart from Torres. I'm waiting to see how England - Germany goes, as I've also got the same Chilwell - Grealish link as you, then Gnabry - Klostermann for Germany, so whoever gets further will probably be my new left-side. 

On 28/06/2021 at 11:29, ml1dch said:

I'm waiting to see how England - Germany goes, as I've also got the same Chilwell - Grealish link as you, then Gnabry - Klostermann for Germany, so whoever gets further will probably be my new left-side. 

Chilwell -Grealish it is. Davies can go to the bench, Gnabry to the next decent SBC.

• Like 1

I notice you're all talking about FUT, which is annoying to me because I have no interest in it, and because I think it has killed the part of FIFA that I actually like: The stand alone world cup games, and career mode.

The stand alone world cup game in 2010 coop was the most fun I've ever had playing video games and I have such sour feelings towards FUT for killing it. FUT represents a complete cash cow for EA Sports whereby they created a loophole that allows children to gamble using real cash, and when they win it doesn't cost EA Sports any money.  Why would they spend money on developing any other game modes? 

So instead of a stand alone world cup game every 4 years, now we get a thrown together world cup DLC with no qualification campaign, and a fraction of the teams available to play compared to the stand alone. I'm just going to have to keep playing 2010 and 2014

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/06/2021 at 16:35, YLN said:

I notice you're all talking about FUT, which is annoying to me because I have no interest in it, and because I think it has killed the part of FIFA that I actually like: The stand alone world cup games, and career mode.

The stand alone world cup game in 2010 coop was the most fun I've ever had playing video games and I have such sour feelings towards FUT for killing it. FUT represents a complete cash cow for EA Sports whereby they created a loophole that allows children to gamble using real cash, and when they win it doesn't cost EA Sports any money.  Why would they spend money on developing any other game modes? 

So instead of a stand alone world cup game every 4 years, now we get a thrown together world cup DLC with no qualification campaign, and a fraction of the teams available to play compared to the stand alone. I'm just going to have to keep playing 2010 and 2014

I hear you completely.  I enjoy FUT but the gameplay is frustrating and it has a large element of pay to win.

Last year I played it as a Road To Glory and really enjoyed seeing how far I could get without buying FP.  I managed to get to Div 4 and was comfortable there.  This year I've made it to Div 1 (this week!) but I dunno if I'm a better player this year or the cash I spent has given me far better players than I would have had.

Â