FIFA 21

NurembergVillan

Yep, enjoying here too, albeit only playing squad battles at the mo. Rivals will probably have me reevaluating again but I am really liking the slick gameplay. It feels like a polished version of FIFA 20.

Gonna spend the rest of the weekend building up the bank and improving the team on squad battles before I delve in online. I love the stadium feature this year and as ever the objectives.

I wasn't going to bother much this year. Which clearly they knew somehow, as I've received an untradeable Aubameyang in my starter packs.

I've subbed him on at half-time three times now and he's currently on eight goals from those three halves. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ml1dch said:

I've subbed him on at half-time three times now and he's currently on eight goals from those three halves. 

I can confirm that at this stage of the game when everyone has cloggers in defence he is definitely an asset.

20201010-232120.jpg

• Like 1

Boy do I feel old reading this. I remember when pro evolution soccer was the daddy. How much better are these later incarnations of FIFA, not graphically but gameplay wise than Pro Evo 2for instance

It feels like on this game that you need to do skills and agile dribbling every time you get the ball.

Also the AI defending is a bit weird. Sometimes they just stand there and don't track runs. Which is annoying when you can only control one player at a time.

Always played fifa till last year and jumped to PES. 

Unfortunately no proper new version of PES this year so came back to fifa. Oh how I already hate it.

How the **** do you defend on this game? The AI are just dribble round me and whenever they have the ball in my final third it's always a shot on target or a goal. 

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Boy do I feel old reading this. I remember when pro evolution soccer was the daddy. How much better are these later incarnations of FIFA, not graphically but gameplay wise than Pro Evo 2for instance

What a tit, just found out they still make Pro Evo 🤯🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Pro evolution soccer is a superb game. 

Like I said it was miles ahead of FIFA when I played, would you say it is still the superior simulation. FIFA was popular because they had all the naming rights if I recall?

31 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Like I said it was miles ahead of FIFA when I played, would you say it is still the superior simulation. FIFA was popular because they had all the naming rights if I recall?

Yeah, it's miles ahead as a football game. You can download an option file to get all the kits and right players but it still lacks in the presentation department. 

• Thanks 1

Seriously what am I doing wrong? I can't tackle, I can't get get the ball of them and my ai defence never follow runners. 

I've played all fifa games apart from fifa 20 and don't remember it like this.

I can knock down the difficulty but then it becomes too easy. There isn't an in-between where the opposition aren't all Lionel messi on the ball. 

16 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Seriously what am I doing wrong? I can't tackle, I can't get get the ball of them and my ai defence never follow runners. 

I can knock down the difficulty but then it becomes too easy. There isn't an in-between where the opposition aren't all Lionel messi on the ball. 

Have you tinkered much with custom tactics?

Set your team to press on heavy touch or high press.

In regards to defending, I tend to jockey (L2+R2) all the time and follow players runs rather than trying to tackle. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Villa are inexplicably in the Europa League in season one career mode. 

That's nice that it works the other way round too then, because I finished 5th in my second season, found that my Europa League objective wasn't ticked off and according to the objectives page I finished 6th.  :blink:

I do like the retraining position/weak foot/work rate stuff they've added in though, adds a genuine extra dimension to the gameplay and alleviates some of the tedium/chores of youth scouting  However, true to annual form they haven't factored the impact on youth players of the "new" loan-to-buy options; every single youth player I list for loan to get them game time (to stop their potential OVR from dropping), almost every offer from clubs is loan-to-buy (which I don't want), and when I go to negotiation screen and try and remove that option, every single time the other club has a shit fit and pulls the deal.  Every damn time.  Which in turn will totally break the youth scouting as I'm gonna have players sat on the bench forever and their dynamic potential is going to be utterly nerfed by the time they're anywhere near good enough to put in the playing squad.

On 11/10/2020 at 12:02, DCJonah said:

Pro evolution soccer is a superb game. 

I hate that you can't edit/create players/teams. There aren't any classic players/teams either unless you pony up for some microtransactions.

Jack for example feels nothing like his real life counterpart. In PES that wouldn't be a problem as you can just edit him. Ok FIFA you're such with playing with Dwight McNeil with a Villa badge forever.

Edited by Keyblade

On 11/10/2020 at 08:22, ml1dch said:

I can confirm that at this stage of the game when everyone has cloggers in defence he is definitely an asset.

20201010-232120.jpg

I bagged him in a 2-player pack too.  I can't use him properly though, so he's a super sub against the tired cloggers.

On 11/10/2020 at 13:34, PieFacE said:

It feels like on this game that you need to do skills and agile dribbling every time you get the ball.

Also the AI defending is a bit weird. Sometimes they just stand there and don't track runs. Which is annoying when you can only control one player at a time.

It's more about not sprinting so much unless you have space.  Take your time on the ball and move it around.

On 11/10/2020 at 19:48, DCJonah said:

Often the case with single player that it's hard to find your level.

I can highly recommend, for anyone wanting to improve at FIFA, to follow The FIFA Analyst on Twitter and/or YouTube.  He's an Albion fan, but does a great job on analysing the best way to play the game and breaks things into simple chunks so you can focus on improving one aspect at a time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â