FIFA 21

NurembergVillan

Not at all surprised to see there wasn't a thread for this after the abomination of FIFA 20.

I've had a few hours on the early access of 21, though, and it's night and day.  The game feels far more responsive and more in tune with the ratings of the players - good passing stats can split a defence, good defenders are harder to beat.  Sounds obvious, but for years the game has mostly been about pace.

Quite a few of the core community are complaining, those who would usually abuse the mechanics and follow the "meta", so it'll be interesting to see if EA change anything.  And disappointing if they do.

It plays more like a football game than ever before, at the moment.  I'm praying they don't bugger it up.

Said in the what you playing thread EA for too long now have neglected the traditional career mode and that's the only mode I'm interested in 

Madden is exactly the same 

Between the 2 there is a good game with good scouting, training, the games during loading and general presentation etc but you can tell its from different studios and for me neither of them have nay longevity, the cracks in them show after a month of playing so I'll end up on the 10 hour trial followed by picking it up in full around march when they put it on Play

• Like 1

FIFA and Madden '22 will likely be the big leaps.

EA are very predictable. They put all of their work into the first release that takes full advantage of the next-gen consoles. These releases make radical changes and usually tick all the boxes for fans of the series. They then rest on their laurels for the following 6 years as their hard work generates billions of dollars. 

• Like 1

I can't believe they STILL do not have crossplay for FIFA yet. Surely it must be one of the easiest games to implement crossplay for?

Also, I hope that it plays at 120FPS on next gen consoles. Can't see a reason why it shouldn't. 

20 ended my time as a pre order purchaser of FIFA. The gameplay for me was ok, but I am a career mode player and that experience pissed me off. The mode I almost exclusively play was bugged to hell and not patched satisfactorily for many months after release. I want to play the game I payed for not be a beta tester for an unfinished mode.

Also for 21 when they took the scout future star out of the game and gated it behind pre-order purchases  I was just f u EA. I hate it when features get stripped out for profit especially in full price games. I don't even care for the feature I just can't stand thought process behind it.

I'm doing franchise mode in super mega baseball instead which is quite satisfactory (apart from it makes my PS4 work so hard it sounds like an F1 wind tunnel).

• Like 3

damn missed the quidco offer

not buying FIFA this year. i actually thought FIFA 20 was a really good game. i am just absolutely terrible at it, and don't get any better as the year goes on. i'll be getting tony hawk instead. i know i'm decent at that

I  bought the game and am enjoying it immensely l.

They have added co op modes to both ultimate team squad battles and the division rivals, for me and my son this is a fantastic little feature.

They have added to and improved the game in alot of ways, in fact I think the game overall has improved in every mode, especially career.

I love on ultimate team how they have added more things to buy for your clubs.

Alot of improvements in the gameplay also, set pieces, penaltys, dribbling, passing and more has all seen additions.

Overall the game is a more refined sleeker version of fifa 20.

Cdkeys you can buy the fifa 21 ultimate edition for £69.00, well worth the price.

So far I have this squad, pickin up (Team of the week Jack Grealish and Ollie Watkins new cards)  

0_1602259487311.jpg

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

On 06/10/2020 at 09:53, Daweii said:

FIFA and Madden '22 will likely be the big leaps.

EA are very predictable. They put all of their work into the first release that takes full advantage of the next-gen consoles. These releases make radical changes and usually tick all the boxes for fans of the series. They then rest on their laurels for the following 6 years as their hard work generates billions of dollars. 

I'd say your right for the ps5 release of those games but not for xbox one.

You will need to buy a ps5 to play those games but you could still play standard xbox one for next gen games if you choose to. Those that buy the games on xbox have already been told that they will be able to get any same editions for next gen for free of the same game while playstation told there gamers they would completely have to buy the game all over again. Things to think about come next gen.

When I had downloaded the fifa 21 game other day I also had a pack that said xbox x/s content pack, which I assume is all the extra added assets youll be downloading for next gen. Cant wait for my xbox series S, i'm going for the all digital cheaper version considering I dont buy my games anymore.

Edited by Dave-R

For once I'm actually really impressed with a new fifa, normally its just a re skin with a new meta but this one seems to feel a lot better, hopefully they don't patch it to make it easier as I imagine a lot of people will be complaining about how much more difficult the defending is compared to last year's where you let the AI do everything. 

Â